Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL ZOOM. AKs IP vs short stack

Old
2NL ZOOM. AKs IP vs short stack - Fri May 31, 2013, 09:37 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013

No data on villain (5 hands, vpip 0).
Would it be more profitable to 3-bet him preflop and call if he shoves rather than call?
I think it was fine to call OTF for the price, but not sure. I don't have the odds vs sets and AA, but he can have 99, TT, KK, AQ, AJ as well. And I can still get away if I miss and he shoves the turn.
OTT I hit my straight. He bets half the pot again. Should I put him all in OTT? Now it seems to me like better decision than calling, as there is a small chance that he can get scared if 9 or K comes OTR.
What if turn is a blank? Should I fold to half-pot bet?

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 08:02 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2013
the flop call was right you're getting right odds to call with 7 safe playable out... i don't count hearts as outs because they complete the flush and it's not worth chase a straight with the flush on the board.

if you brick the turn a half pot bet is a fold here as you're still only playing for 7 safe outs...

if you hit the turn like in the replay i think it's better to get the chips in OTT because your hand is still vulnerable to flushes/boats

edit: whoops didn't realize what forum i'm in hehe

Last edited by PinoyWonder; Sat Jun 01, 2013 at 08:14 AM..

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 09:15 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
Any comments are welcome

I don't really worried about flushes as there are only 2 combos that he can have to give him flush if 3rd h comes: AKs and AJs. Th is much better card for me than say any non heart A or K. (2 flush combos vs 12 sets that beat me)
I have 28% equity vs TT+,AJ+ so the call is fine either way I guess.

OTT I don't care about allowing him to make a boat. If he does - good for him, I'll pay him out, if he doesn't - I'm pretty sure he gets in with his set anyway. As long as I know what I'm going to do if the board pairs, I'm fine with it.

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 11:51 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
If villain is a nit/TAG or uknown (like here), then flatting pre-flop is the standard play. He raised in fairly early position, so his range should be strong. You don't want to 3-bet and then get shoved on, so calling to keep worse hands and medium pairs in his range is ideal.
Villain bets half pot on the flop, so it seems OK to call, with your gutshot and two overs, but you're not in great shape against his range. If he has AQ or KQ, you're "reverse dominated", so the last thing you want to do is make a pair and be crushed by two pairs.
As played, you call, and hit your 4-outer on the turn. Villain is absolutely committed when he bets here, as the pot now contains 60c and he only has 37c behind. Put him all in on the turn. He's always calling with top pair or better. If he has a set, he has ten outs to a boat/quads, and you'll just have to suck it up if he hits it.
I think villain is gonna make a crying call even if the river is a 9 or king, but it's best to get all his chips in the middle before he has the opportunity to even think about folding.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com