Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I am rubbish,I stand down from all statements ever.

Old
I am rubbish,I stand down from all statements ever. - Sat Jun 01, 2013, 07:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
I am rubbish and you are all correct. I just think i can play when actually I cant play.

I suppose many have done this before me.

You are right from a year ago, you have seen this all before.

To all my dilusional posts in the past, I stand down, it is indeed me that is rubbish at poker and now I except it.

Thank you all for all the time you have spent helping me.

I am a fail as a player.

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 12:17 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
I am rubbish and you are all correct. I just think i can play when actually I cant play.
Congratulations Ace,

Actually this is an absolutely fabulous position your are now in. One of the greatest barriers to learning is not knowing what you don't know, or more clearly, realizing the limits of your knowledge. I see this epiphany as the beginning of wisdom. Your have made the first step on a what can be a long and fascinating journey if you choose to make it so.

The next step? Beginning the push to extend your limits.

Good decisions!

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 12:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Feeling in a pretty similar mood to this myself at the minute.

Shocking session in 5NL and dropped $22.07 in less than an hour. Pretty horrible.

Best of luck holdem - hope it comes back together for you.

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#4)
I just read your Blog H.E.A.

A few things stand out.
1. This is a set back, not a fail. (unless you have ending it here.)

2. You are still not thinking Poker yu talk about how you would have won if not for "Bad Luck" and yes losing with AA bites big time but its not really a great reason to jack it all in. After all how many times have you had AA hold up against KK. Thats poker.

3. This is your chance to take your game and Learn, Actually practice some of that advice that people have been giving you. If you are unsure where to start May i recommend Artysmokes Blog on ABC poker. (now I know thats cash game but he really hammers the whole keeping it simple and making profertable simple plays.

4. In The PSO series You can always play the play money games if the cash is too tilting when you get bad beats, Believe me the standard of play is just as high if not higher.

5. GL in your decesions hope to see you at 3PM EST in the PM game at least.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 02:47 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
Hi holdemace

dont be too harsh on yourself and now think only way is onwards and upwards...i especially recommend the training on here..but dont be like me and think you undertsand it all...after a whuile you will understand 3 outfo teh 10 things they are saying then is like a light bulb moment and the other 7 which in my brain at least had no chance of undertsanding until i knew the first 3(can be any 3 in any order and not necessarily the mot obviou or difficult ) you can then grasp 1 or 2 more.ok im not at the 10 stage yet butonce youknow just 1 its a godo feeling

also this is golden advice Arty bog is superb however i dont agree with gradeb regarding play money .play money is totally differentits not like poker to me anynmore

to gain confidence try out some freerolls.ok they are kind of play money but at least you can win $ and not just more (unspendable) play money

can use play money to getused to the software or test out a new thing such as a HUD

Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grade b View Post
I just read your Blog H.E.A.

3. This is your chance to take your game and Learn, Actually practice some of that advice that people have been giving you. If you are unsure where to start May i recommend Artysmokes Blog on ABC poker. (now I know thats cash game but he really hammers the whole keeping it simple and making profertable simple plays.

Grade b

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 03:43 PM
(#6)
Rolo and others,
sorry i was not clear. I meant the play money PSO series games currently running.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 06:34 PM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
hey thats cool just so im clear i was saying that recommending Artys blog is spot on

I kinda half use what he had stated and so i know that half works

I think i was rushing and may have misread you anyway my bad...see i thought i had a tournament to be in at 8 but it was a 7 so missed it by 1 hour !lol

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 01:18 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
For those who don't know, the old hedgehog is American, which means play chips only.

1 ---- Play money has several advantages over real money. The first being that you can never lose even when going broke. One click and you're ready to go again. It is the perfect place for testing new styles of play and different strategies. Best of all, every style of play is available from tourneys, SNG, and rings. Choose your poison.

2 ---- Great advice for the PSO. You can play free with the chance of winning money. I would also suggest you add the astronomy freerolls to your list of games. Do well in these games and you get to play for real cash. This is where I started building my bankroll.

3 ---- You have never read my stats thread. If you had, you would understand the root cause of your frustration is simple human nature. Take this test. Ask yourself to reconstruct the last hand where you lost pocket aces. Bet you can recall every detail, the bets, who raised, how many called, and the board. Now reverse the question. Since you expected a victory with aces, your mind doesn't focus on the hand's play. Always think backwards with pocket aces and you'll do better. (Pocket aces lose 15% of the time.)

4 ---- We told you where you were wrong and you have agreed with us. Sad to say this, but big whoopee. It means nothing if you do not take the lessons to heart. Us telling you something is wrong and you agreeing doesn't change anything if you do nothing with this new information.

5 ---- Final reason to try play chip action. If you start maintaining records, you'll see improvements. Just remove that tin-foil hat. Track those top ten hands with a simple win-loss-fold count. Do the river rat review where you see how many times the river either saves or kills. Don't forget the no changes, you'll be surprised how many times the river is meaningless.

7 ---- The real question is what will you do now? If you give up, you've proven yourself a failure to the man in the mirror. If you decide poker isn't your game, than it's time to focus on some other activity. If you intend playing, how will you approach the virtual felt? Come at it with the same attitude you had in the past, and this post will become the never-ending repetition that will reduce you to a non-entity.

8 ---- One might not ever make pro, but one can always do better than they are right now.

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#9)
What is insanity?

http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26032.html

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 05:11 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Actually Joe, I suspect Einstein never played Poker. Because in our game, doing the same thing over and over, the RIGHT thing, you SHOULD expect different results. It's failing to accept that fact that turns some of us insane.

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 08:02 AM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
^^^ took a double-read to get the penny to drop, as usual Brilliant!

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 05:52 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2013
Hey i think your being abit harsh on yourself imo poker is complete luck tourneys more than cash its just about knowing how to lose the minimum when your beat and the maximum when your ahead.

Some players are better at this than others they know when people are bluffing or drawing and can raise TPTK on a wet board and charge the villain more to hit.

Where other players will think i got TPTK on a draw heavy board and villain is betting half pot and raising and then they check the blank turn getting scared they are beat.

Poker is all about good reads knowing wen your ahead the rest is luck if you play a hand perfectly and the villain wont fold his draw and hits the river thats not your fault its bad luck its happened to me and its very annoying when it happens to often in one night and you lose alot of money but then comes a night when these players pay to hit there draw and they dont hit and you stack them and double and triple up in a night.

Ive heard good players saying as you get better at poker you can play more hands because you know if your ahead or not i geuss thats true i am yet to find this out i would like to think my reads are very good, ive noticed im preety much always right when we go to showdown but what about when i fold, i like to put people on a exact hand but what i should be doing is putting people on ranges instead.

I dont bother with equity or combos and my reads are good enough but im sure when i try other methods aswell i will be a even better player but even with all that knowledge even the best players cant beat luck.

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 05:56 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
For those who don't know, the old hedgehog is American, which means play chips only.

1 ---- Play money has several advantages over real money. The first being that you can never lose even when going broke. One click and you're ready to go again. It is the perfect place for testing new styles of play and different strategies. Best of all, every style of play is available from tourneys, SNG, and rings. Choose your poison.

2 ---- Great advice for the PSO. You can play free with the chance of winning money. I would also suggest you add the astronomy freerolls to your list of games. Do well in these games and you get to play for real cash. This is where I started building my bankroll.

3 ---- You have never read my stats thread. If you had, you would understand the root cause of your frustration is simple human nature. Take this test. Ask yourself to reconstruct the last hand where you lost pocket aces. Bet you can recall every detail, the bets, who raised, how many called, and the board. Now reverse the question. Since you expected a victory with aces, your mind doesn't focus on the hand's play. Always think backwards with pocket aces and you'll do better. (Pocket aces lose 15% of the time.)

4 ---- We told you where you were wrong and you have agreed with us. Sad to say this, but big whoopee. It means nothing if you do not take the lessons to heart. Us telling you something is wrong and you agreeing doesn't change anything if you do nothing with this new information.

5 ---- Final reason to try play chip action. If you start maintaining records, you'll see improvements. Just remove that tin-foil hat. Track those top ten hands with a simple win-loss-fold count. Do the river rat review where you see how many times the river either saves or kills. Don't forget the no changes, you'll be surprised how many times the river is meaningless.

7 ---- The real question is what will you do now? If you give up, you've proven yourself a failure to the man in the mirror. If you decide poker isn't your game, than it's time to focus on some other activity. If you intend playing, how will you approach the virtual felt? Come at it with the same attitude you had in the past, and this post will become the never-ending repetition that will reduce you to a non-entity.

8 ---- One might not ever make pro, but one can always do better than they are right now.
Im sure you can learn from playing play money but i found you cant bluff in plsy money or even semi bluff because every hand goes showdown which is why i just learnt on real money because people dont call as often.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com