Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

The One Where Daniel Calls It

View Poll Results: Rate or Slate! How do you think Daniel played this hand?
I rate his play. 18 85.71%
I slate his play 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old
The One Where Daniel Calls It - Sat Jun 01, 2013, 10:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

In the build-up the the 100 Billionth Hand been dealt at PokerStars they have released a series of 'Greatest Hands' on their You Tube channel.

This one features Daniel Negreanu, what do you think of the hand? Is it one of the greatest ever? You can vote above!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 11:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I watched the whole series of these "Best pokerstars hands ever" last night. They were really entertaining, and some of the plays are just incredible.

This one's classic Daniel. He's a master not just of hand-reading, but talking at the table in order to help with his ranging, and with his bluffing. If he ever got chat-banned, this play would never work.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 12:45 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
I would be disappointed if this hand won, but I guess his popularity could make that happen. Sure it is an excellent hand read and then play to get the villain off that hand, which he ensures he makes happen by expert table talk ... But I don't think it is anywhere close to some of the bluffs and hero folds that could get one's vote.

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
Agreed. I think my favourites are Mercier's hero call with bottom pair, and Ike Haxton's incredible all in 3-bet shove with 3 high on the river. Shoving with the nut low for the win!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 02:33 PM
(#5)
Certainly Ike FTW in my eyes, the tourney, the money on table, the setting, and the Sexton commentary, just make it epic.

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
I would be disappointed if this hand won, but I guess his popularity could make that happen. ...
Guess I am disappointed then! Typical that D Neg fan boys mess it up, glad that critics choice picked something more impressive in Mercier http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2013/d...-p-138451.html

On the plus side we wont have to zoom and boom with Ike's

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com