Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

CONTEST: ZOOM & BOOM - Discussion Page

Old
CONTEST: ZOOM & BOOM - Discussion Page - Sat Jun 01, 2013, 08:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

Vote for the Greatest Poker Hand

PokerStars are looking for the Greatest Poker Hand in their history. You can vote now, and earn prizes when the winner is announced! Here's how the voting works:

Go to the PokerStars YouTube page, watch the videos and vote for your favourite (the videos are best viewed on your desktop/laptop computer, but a mobile version is also available). Voting earns your chosen video a point. Share it with your friends and the video will score another three points. You have until June 10 to make your selection.

The three videos with the most points when voting closes on June 10 will be handed over to a judging panel made up of Team PokerStars Pros Daniel Negreanu, Liv Boeree and Lex Veldhuis, who will decide which of the hands you can win with by playing Zoom!

Win with ZOOM and BOOM!

Once the special hand has been selected, simply play any real money No Limit Hold'em Zoom game at any stake between June 24-30. If you are dealt the same hand (including suit) and manage to win with it post-flop, use the BOOM! Hand Replayer to share the hand with the world. You will be credited with a cash reward worth 100 big blinds at the stake level you were playing at, up to a maximum of $100!

Please Note: The cash will be credited to your account within 48 hours, once we have verified that you have shared the hand via BOOM!, and after other relevant checks. Players are only eligible to claim a prize once per day during the promotion period. If you win with the hand more than once in the same day, you will be credited with the highest prize amount won.

Contact support@pokerstars.com if you have any questions about Zoom & BOOM! Greatest Poker Hand or any other 100 Billion Hands Celebration promotion - where a total of $5,000,000 will be awarded across all events.

Best of Luck!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Sat Jun 01, 2013 at 08:29 PM..

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 08:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I'm pretty sure Ike Haxton's all in shove with 32 will win the vote, but I'm even more sure that I won't be winning a hand with that in the next 3000 years or so.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 10:28 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
This could be fun, assuming Ike wins, now we know there's a panel judging the top three it seems more likely, then looks like I will be having some fun with Yet another cool 100 Billion promo

Old
Sat Jun 01, 2013, 11:23 PM
(#4)
Daniel's hand is currently leading the voting, but PSO members can fix that, surely?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 10:59 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Daniel's hand is currently leading the voting, but PSO members can fix that, surely?
It looks like Negreanu has got it, this news posted today at PokerStarsBlog

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2011
very nice, so we gonna play lots of 9Tdd in zoom now
But do u need to run to showdown with it??

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 01:47 PM
(#7)
T9 is Brian's favourite hand. It's the Coocoo!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 02:03 PM
(#8)
From the blog:
"A judging panel will choose which of the top three voted hands should be chosen for the Zoom & Boom promotion which could win you up to $100 each time you win a pot with that hand and share it with the world."

Would be mean of them to pick Mercier's

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 02:12 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2011
very good, it's not over yet i see....
The least best option would be 9s5h indeed and will probably be the one

I vote for 9Tdd if i have a vote

Old
Sat Jun 15, 2013, 11:21 AM
(#10)
Since: May 2013
out of the hands still left i really hopes it's 32dd it's the only one in my database i've seen more then once... i've never been dealt the 9s5h -_-

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 06:30 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
They announced the hand over at Pokerstars Blog - it's (or )

Zoom and BOOM!: Win with kings, get paid extra

It's so easy to remember black kings, I won't even need to keep a picture of them in the corner of the screen this time

PS Sigh ... my 'pokercation' (that's a vacation from poker) lasted all of 2 days - just when I think there's going to be enough of a lull in stuff going on here, something pops up that's just too tempting to resist ... so weak ......

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 06:59 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
The hand of the day is so different from the ones last time, does it maybe raise different play considerations?

Like last time the hands were so bad, everybody was just limping and calling, and not making raises to try and get to showdown for as cheap as possible. But KK's so strong - it'd be ideal to be able to make it to showdown and win 100bbs from the hand, and 100bbs from the promotion. But what if we have to choose one or the other?

Can't think of a specific scenario off the top of my head tho ... ahhh, I don't know - should be fun either way

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 07:16 PM
(#13)
Since: May 2013
WhiteStar
you should have a special feature pop up if you get that hand all in...a button should pop up "Run 4 Times" if you get it in bad...lol

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 08:00 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
The hand of the day is so different from the ones last time, does it maybe raise different play considerations?

Like last time the hands were so bad, everybody was just limping and calling, and not making raises to try and get to showdown for as cheap as possible. But KK's so strong - it'd be ideal to be able to make it to showdown and win 100bbs from the hand, and 100bbs from the promotion. But what if we have to choose one or the other?

Can't think of a specific scenario off the top of my head tho ... ahhh, I don't know - should be fun either way
You have to win with black kings post flop so I would imagine the 'correct' play is to try and get HU to the flop. I imagine smaller 3bets to price villains into call and put off the rest for coming along multiway.
Postflop I imagine it will be pretty straightforward with large bets, no way you want to be pricing in villain there.
Looking forward to a few days of this, bet I never see them!

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 08:56 AM
(#15)
Since: Sep 2012
Yeahhhhhhh baby

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...489_A0038C1963

edit: damn

Last edited by birdayy; Sat Jun 22, 2013 at 09:01 AM..

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
You know it starts Monday?

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#17)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
You know it starts Monday?
lol fml

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 05:18 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Anybody hit one today yet?

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#19)
Still waiting for first sight of here!

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 07:23 PM
(#20)
Since: Sep 2010
winning it post flop doesnt that mean to see the flop and shove, pray everyone folds or that you win the hand?

don't beg for things do it yourself or else you won't get anything

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com