Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6-max Zoom: Value bet the river with AA oop on scary board vs fish?

Old
25NL 6-max Zoom: Value bet the river with AA oop on scary board vs fish? - Sun Jun 02, 2013, 03:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2012
Hey,

only have ten hands on the villain, but he is likely to be fishy since he has a vpip of 50 and a pfr of 10 over them and I think he was one tabling.

I think up to the river the hand is pretty standard.

On the river I wasnt to sure what to do since I think he has a lot of JQ and JK in his range and than he has some missed draws like 78 or a FD in his range. So we only get called by better if we bet. The only worse hand I saw him call with is a Kx and maybe a Qx of diamonds depending how fishy he is.

On the other hand I thought even a fish might shove here with missed draws and also bet his two pair for value so I wasnt to sure what to do.

Last edited by almigthybald; Sun Jun 02, 2013 at 03:35 AM..

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 07:14 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
ok I am a fish . but I don't see a problem . the pot is bigger than his stack u call. if u wanted to play a small pot stop putting money in on the flop or turn.

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 09:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2012
bet bet shove. no discussion

missng a value bet OTR against someone who is playing 50 VPIP and did not show any strength in the hand whatsoever is a cardinal sin. Yes, he will sometimes have 2 pair or better but most of the time he will not but will call anyway. There are just so many hands a fish won't fold in this spot... Just shove it in, if he got you this time nh but in the long run you will be winning tons of money

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I'd bet flop and turn a little bigger multiway on this drawheavy texture.

River is quite interesting as I think a lot of options become attractive here. Shoving feels too thin to me unless villain is really stationy and calls with AJ/JT or some flushdraws that turned/rivered a pair. I think that betting small (and maybe even being prepared to call a shove as fds and 87 missed) could be a good play.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com