Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

The One Where Kevin and Vanessa Become Frenemies

View Poll Results: What do think of Kevin or Vanessa's play in this hand?
I rate Kevin's play here. 7 58.33%
I slate Kevin's play here. 2 16.67%
I rate Vanessa's play here. 2 16.67%
I slate Vanessa's play here. 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old
The One Where Kevin and Vanessa Become Frenemies - Sun Jun 02, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

In the build-up the the 100 Billionth Hand been dealt at PokerStars they have released a series of 'Greatest Hands' on their You Tube channel.

This one features Kevin McPhee and Vanessa Selbst, what do you think of the hand? Is it one of the greatest ever? You can vote above!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 09:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Greatest levelling war ever. I love the way Hartigan shouts "She six-bet shoves!"

I was thinking about this hand when I snap-called a shove by TheLangolier the other day.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2011
This hand is really interesting.... I saw a comment in youtube berating Kevin's call... While the call was questionable since Vanessa's shove had such a big fold equity (I think Kevin need to push 200k chip over the 70k he already invested to call).

But I think one of the lesson here for LAG is, when you widen your 4+ betting and shoving range such as Vanessa has done to her game, you widen your opponents shove call range as well....

I can't put who played better here though, both had great read on each other, and in the end their read was 'respected' with a coinflip hand....

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com