Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Sun Jun 02, 2013, 11:11 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
Hello, I have a little bit experience with poker but not enough!
I would like to take part of the bankroll builder action!

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 11:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 07:23 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 12:14 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
This was 1 of the first hands i played on this table so i did not have any information!
i started with just playing the hand but I't went out in a bluff!
did i bet/raise and bluff good? Or am i doing anything wrong?

(if you want me to show more hands just tell me)

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 07:36 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 07:46 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi booy.f!

With J6s on the button, I get two limps in front of me. Since I'm holding a very bad hand, even though I'm in position, I need to muck this preflop. If I were to raise, I would need to bet 3BB+1BB for each limper (10 chips) and my hand is not strong enough to do so.

I totally miss the flop and when checked to me, I need to either check and see a free turn card (the option I will pick if I was in the hand.. which I would NOT be) or to make a standard value bet. A standard value bet needs to be sized based on the pot-size, number of opps and the board texture. With 4 opps in the hand and possible straight, flush or a combo draw available, I would need to make a pot-sized bet of 40 here, which I do NOT want to do, as I have absolutely nothing.

The same thing on the turn. I have absolutely nothing still, so I need to check. A value bet with 3 opps would need to be 3/4 pot and my hand is nowhere near strong enough to do so with.

The river is another blank and once again, I need to check as I have absolutely nothing.

When playing microstakes games, the key is to value bet made hands and not to bluff. There are way, way too many opponents that will stay with anything, so bluffing will not be profitable long-term.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 04:34 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Hey there,

Let me know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic Quiz and I'll get your first bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 10:42 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
I have already made the poker basic quiz.
Do i have to make the MTT and cash games quiz to?

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 11:00 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have already made the poker basic quiz.
Do i have to make the MTT and cash games quiz to?
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 03:34 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
I know it was a trouble hand but i hade position and i wanted to play.
I was at a table of tight players!
Did i play the hand well or not?

I have also done done the cash game quiz!

Last edited by Deleted user; Sat Jun 08, 2013 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: I make a type fail

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 05:34 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you. It's a 6-Max though so for the rest of the promotion try to stick to the 9-handed tables instead. He will analyse this within the next 24 hours

Also, please complete Part 2 above:

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 06:44 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
Ooh sorry i forgot to play 9-handed!
okay, why to bet big?

- to protect against draws!
- to put pressure on opponents!
- to gain value from a big hand

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 02:08 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi booy.f!

As noted, this hand was played on a 6-max table, where the strategy is slightly different to full ring (wider ranges, more aggression, mainly) but I'll take a look at it anyway.
This is a blind vs blind situation, so ranges are even wider. AJ is definitely strong enough to raise with, but you're in a tricky spot when villain 3-bets, as you'll be OOP post-flop. I don't really like calling raises OOP, even with hands as strong as AJ, as you'll miss the flop very often and have to fold to a c-bet. See more on my blog on how to react to re-raises.
As played, you call the 3-bet, and the flop comes KT8. Instead of making the standard play of checking to the raiser, you lead out with a donkbet. In this particular spot, it's not a bad idea, as it's hard for villain to call your semi-bluff unless he has a king. Even if he calls, you have at least 4 outs and maybe more. Villain folds, so you drag the pot, so it's a nice result, but to be honest I would prefer folding to the pre-flop 3-bet.

Remember to sit on full 9-handed tables on the next stage of this promotion.
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 06:25 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I have also done done the cash game quiz!
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 09:57 AM
(#15)
Deleted user
Finally I have got more than 10 vpp's!

Old
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 10:03 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Great stuff!

It may take up to 24 hours before the system updates with your VPPs and awards you your next bonus. Check back this time tomorrow

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 02:13 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
I have still no responce yet!

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 05:55 AM
(#18)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you've now your 3rd bonus!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd bonus.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Also, if you make a deposit at this stage we will also award you with your final bonus.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs or if you make a deposit.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 06:29 AM
(#19)
Deleted user
could someone give me some tips about what to play?
I ussaly play 1/2 cent zoom! my bankroll was $22 before but is now only $12.
Is it maybe better to play an other sort of game? like ring-games or STT's???

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 06:33 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
could someone give me some tips about what to play?
I ussaly play 1/2 cent zoom! my bankroll was $22 before but is now only $12.
Is it maybe better to play an other sort of game? like ring-games or STT's???
Hello,

On that bankroll I would suggest sticking to the $0.01/$0.02 cent fullring tables only.

Also, remember if you want to earn any more bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion you will need to play only these tables also

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com