Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Sun Jun 02, 2013, 03:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2013
Hello
I made my account a few weeks ago.I passed many courses like poker basics,single table tuorneys and multy table tourneys.I'm working on passing the cash game course and I play PSO league.I did not make deposit yet.I hope I am eligible.

Thanks

Last edited by donyyyyy; Sun Jun 02, 2013 at 03:49 PM..

Old
Sun Jun 02, 2013, 10:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 07:23 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donyyyyy View Post
Hello
I made my account a few weeks ago.I passed many courses like poker basics,single table tuorneys and multy table tourneys.I'm working on passing the cash game course and I play PSO league.I did not make deposit yet.I hope I am eligible.

Thanks
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
bankroll builder hand replay - Mon Jun 03, 2013, 12:40 PM
(#4)
hello
what chance do I have to win this hand with 10 A

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 03:49 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 11:46 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi donyyyyy!

The first tip that I would have for you is that whenever sitting down at a ring table, always wait for the BB to start playing. Paying extra blinds over and over will be a HUGE drain to a player's bankroll.

With ATo from the cutoff, I get a two limps (the post counts as a limp too), then a smaller than standard raise to 6 (a standard raise would have been to 3BB+1BB for each limper), then a much higher than standard 3-bet as the opp shoves 400 chips. A standard 3-bet for this opp would have been to between 3X the previous bet (18 chips) and a pot-sized raise (19 chips).

ATo is a hand with some potential, but it is nowhere near strong enough to be calling this large of a bet with. I wouldn't even call it with AK, as I would want to have a premium made hand to call this preflop. If I had QQ, KK, AA, I'd call, everything else, I'd muck and look for a better spot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
thanks John (JWK24) !! - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 04:14 PM
(#7)
okey,I got it..thanks for analyse my hand

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 07:30 PM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
okey,I got it..thanks for analyse my hand
Hey there,

Let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic Quiz and we'll get your first bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
quiz - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 08:54 PM
(#9)
hello

I passed the poker basics quiz already

cheers

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 04:33 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
hello

I passed the poker basics quiz already

cheers
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
next step - Wed Jun 05, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#11)
hello..here is my hand.

was that a good decision to go all in on flush draw?

and here,was that a bad decision or im just unlucky

answer on question is:
- to put a lot pressure on opponents
- to bluff people off decent hands
- to protect against strong draw

3. I passed the cash game quiz

cheers

Last edited by donyyyyy; Wed Jun 05, 2013 at 12:40 PM..

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 06:25 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 02:27 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
hello..here is my hand.

was that a good decision to go all in on flush draw?

and here,was that a bad decision or im just unlucky

answer on question is:
- to put a lot pressure on opponents
- to bluff people off decent hands
- to protect against strong draw

3. I passed the cash game quiz

cheers
Hi donyyyyy

First hand Suited connectors like QJ are good hands to play under the right circumstances. Preferably we are in late postion, facing multiple opponents and most importantly when we get to see the flop cheap. Hands like this don't win that often, but when they do, you often win a big pot.

In this hand you are facing a raise and the bb as well as all the limpers are still to act any of these players may 3-bet. I would suggest folding, but calling might be ok. However, you value own yourself by 3-betting. Only hands beating you will call. With speculative hands, it is much better to see the flop cheap and only start betting/raising once we have a set, flush or straight.

As played, you 3-bet and the bb cold 4-bets. This is never going to be a bluff and he has position on you. I strongly suggest folding in these spots. As played, with so much in the pot getting all in is ok. However, with a normal stack size you do not want to stack off chasing a draw.

The important lesson with this hand is not to overplay, or bloat the pot with suited connectors.

Second hand This is a premium hand. 3-betting as you did is great; however, I recommend sticking to standard bet sizes. Make it 3x or 18 cents. Making it slightly smaller looks like you have a big hand and want action. Keeping it standard does not give away any information on your hand strength.

When the ep villain 4-bets you a read would help tremendously. If this guy is a rock who never re-raises we may have reason to consider folding. If he is a maniac, we have reason to get all in and be happy about it. In this spot, you only have 82 cents behind and 45c in the pot I think getting all in here is good every time.

Also note: I hope you made a note on this opponent. You can make a lot of money off players like this. His move was really bad with Q3. You made the right move, just got the wrong result. Don't sweat it.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Roland GTX - Thu Jun 06, 2013, 05:17 PM
(#14)
thanks for analyse my hands i appreciate it!!

Now im ready for next task

cheers

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 04:24 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
thanks for analyse my hands i appreciate it!!

Now im ready for next task

cheers
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
fail - Fri Jun 07, 2013, 07:03 AM
(#16)
I failed this test..I had several bad decisions and I didnt get 10 VPP

my bad hands:

it was a bad bluff

I think I played this one ok and in my opinion that was good fold,but I lost a lot

in this one I made a bad read,,I thought that they dont have K..

Sorry to disappoint you..

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 07:41 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 02:03 AM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi donyyyyy! I'll analyse these 3 hands for you.

1. With A7s on the button facing a raise by the CO, I'd sometimes call, sometimes fold, and very occasionally - and only if I know the villain's style well - I'd raise. Calling isn't a terrible option, as you have the best position when you see a flop, and it could be multiway if the blinds also call, and this is beneficial when you are speculating with a suited ace or connector.
As played, it's 3-handed on the flop, which comes 543. This is a pretty good flop for you, because you have a double gutshot straight draw, as a 2 or a 6 will give you a straight. The pre-flop raiser makes quite a large bet, and since he's doing it into 2 opponents he usually has a real hand. Most of the time he has an overpair. I think calling this bet and seeing if you improve is fine. The turn is a blank 8. Villain checks, which is a little surprising, as most overpairs would bet again. Semi-bluffing here isn't a bad idea, as I think villain will fold sometimes (especially if he has something like AK) and you still have a chance to hit a straight if he calls. Villain does call, so maybe he decided to "pot-control" on the turn with a fairly weak overpair. The queen on the river is likely to scare hands like JJ-99 and 77, but the problem is, this villain seems scared to bet, but not scared to call. At higher stakes, making a bluff here might work, as a villain might think you flopped or turned a set of trips, but at 2NL, it's generally not a good idea to do much bluffing. It's particularly bad to make BIG bluffs, like your bet size here. Save your big bets for your strong made hands. There's no need to go crazy with bluffs like this, especially when you're working with a very small bankroll.

2. Pre-flop is a standard raise with AK to isolate the limper. The flop comes JT6. While this looks like a good flop for you, as you have two overcards and a gutshot straight draw, this board hits a limper's range very hard. In my experience, making a c-bet on a JTx flop that also contains a flush draw has a very low rate of success, because so many hands connect with it. I'd generally just check behind in position and see if I can hit one of my outs for free. As played, you made a c-bet and villain check-raised. This play shows a lot of strength and you should be folding immediately. Villain's most likely hand is pocket sixes, as 2NL villains love limping in with small pairs to see if they can flop a set. Villain could also have flopped top two pairs, meaning you're drawing to 4 outs to make a straight. There simply aren't many hands that you beat that raise this flop. After raising the flop, villain is usually always betting the turn, so it's very weird that he doesn't here. About the only thing I can think of that might check the turn is pocket tens that is now slowplaying quads, JT that made a boat or perhaps a combo draw like KsQs that didn't hit one of it's many outs. (Slowplaying is not recommended, by the way. If I have a strong hand, I will bet it, in order to get value). Checking behind and then folding the river seems best for you. You could have saved a lot of money here by not c-betting this wet board, but particularly by not calling the raise. Villains are seldom bluffing when they raise. Give them credit for a hand and muck your ace high.

3. You made a series of poor decisions in this one. Firstly, there is a massive all in raise of 49c by a player in early position. While he could be tilted and be shoving various trash hands, 77 does not do particularly well against his range. I wouldn't even call 10c with 77, let along a bet of five times that! When the flop comes KK4, it's hard to put the other villain on a king, but there are plenty of other hands he can have that beat your 7s. After he also called the big pre-flop raise, he usually has a big pocket pair, or something like AK. Villain isn't betting with just a 4, or a pair like 66, because he should be worried that you have a king. Since he doesn't seem to be worried that you might have a king, it must be because he has one! You should have folded at every opportunity in this hand. Hopefully you've learned your lesson and will give more respect to big bets and raises in future.

Best of luck with the next stage of the promo!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 05:37 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I failed this test..I had several bad decisions and I didnt get 10 VPP
Brilliant,

Your Bankroll Builder progress is moving along nicely and you will receive your 3rd bonus later today!

Step Three

Now we really want you to up your game! Your challenge is to earn 10 VPPs after getting today's buy-in.

Note that any VPPs that you have earned up to this point won't count, only those earned AFTER you get your 3rd buy-in.

When you hit your target of 10 VPPs we will award you with your final Bankroll Builder bonus. Let us know when you reach the target.

Also, if you make a deposit at this stage we will also award you with your final bonus.

Best of Luck at the tables and let us know as soon as you have earned the 10 VPPs or if you make a deposit.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
help - Mon Jun 10, 2013, 08:55 AM
(#20)
hellooo

did you send mi my final bonus?
can you check it for me?

I have 6$ on my accout,and I am not sure I earn that much by playing...

regards

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com