this happens to everyone right... - Mon Jun 03, 2013, 03:15 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
... but in one session

Old
Mon Jun 03, 2013, 08:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Ouch, that hurts but it happens to everyone. Yesterday I was in the 0,55$ turbo and on my table about every hand someone had aces and they got cracked every single time (including mine against KK), what are the odds, not that high but it still is possible and next time you will be the one cracking aces with kings or queens.

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 03:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Thats sick dude, I will deposite next month, and hope, that it all goes beside me lol.
I want to experience less bad beats...Not with like freerolls money that I won...I didn't
won a single hand, I did but, not much. Just take a brake for a while, day or two. I am not going to play cash games, my games will be STT tournaments, on two tables (fifty50).

Last edited by Ccorpion666; Wed Jun 05, 2013 at 03:57 PM..

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2012
Happens to me everyday KK cracked on the river to 88 or flush

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 08:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeraxa89 View Post
Happens to me everyday KK cracked on the river to 88 or flush
There are only two explanations for your statement:
1 - You play hundreds of thousands of hands per day.
2 - Your memory is very selective.

Now if I may invade this forum with a pointer.

"Hand Results Do Not Matter"

So forget about them and focus on your good decisions.

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#6)
Hand results don't matter? Go allin with your JJ when the flop comes JJ9 and your villain shoves and you call then somehow he gets a straight flush with runner runner and you lose a huge cash pot or a in a tournament where you were in position to win thousands. Then come and tell me the hand results don't matter.

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 07:47 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeraxa89 View Post
Hand results don't matter? Go allin with your JJ when the flop comes JJ9 and your villain shoves and you call then somehow he gets a straight flush with runner runner and you lose a huge cash pot or a in a tournament where you were in position to win thousands. Then come and tell me the hand results don't matter.
A runner-runner strait flush is about 1000:1 against. But since you got you money in pre-flop that means absolutely nothing! It requires information not provided to determine if you made a good decisions or not if this is a tournament.

In a cash game, unless short-stacked, JJ is not a hand I want to be all-in pre-flop. You could be up against KK, QQ, TT or some weird suited semi-connector to get that result on the hand. With the probabilities heavily weighted as cowboys or ladies. If they had something else, follow them where ever they go!

But the real point is that you don't control the cards and you have absolutely NO control over them. They are not worth worrying about or ranting over. You don't control your opponents, although some are deluded into that feeling, but you may be able to influence them. You control no one's actions and decisions but your own. And no one but you controls them.

In poker, ~98% of the time you either got your money in good or not. The other 2% are too close to call. But whether you got your money in good does always not mean you made a good decision.

You played well if you ranged your opponent(s) properly throughout the hand and made decisions that maximize value based on your read. The cards have absolutely no affect on that. It just your actions based on the available information at the time of the decision.

Now you have a choice to make. Am you going to make the best of the situations at hand? Or will you continue to moan and cry about your "bad luck"? One leads to the path of becoming a solid player. The other means every one want you at their table. Well at least your cash.

Good decisions are actions, not reactions.

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#8)
It wasn't preflop it was on the flop after the guy went allin, who would fold quads in that spot? I believe that's a very good decision.

Ranting or getting frustrated because of hands like this are players right, that's what this section is for. I've had many of these experiences so when they do occur I know I have to take myself away from the game to cool off by blocking play.

Anyone who gets it in good and gets beaten in a super critical stage when the opponent has a 2% chance of winning yet wins has a right to let off some steam because it does mattter, that's all I'm saying.

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 10:47 AM
(#9)
I apologize for misreading the situation in your post.

And you are right, you have the right get frustrated and rant, I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

But once you vent, which I have done multiple times, it should get over it and see if there is something to learn from the hand. Depending on your range they probably made a huge mistake. I ran into flopped flushed twice in two orbits in a home game last night, with the last kn knocking me out. I vented for a minute or two, then picked up my tablet and played some puzzle games that required me to think a bit. After 2 or 3 attempts I set a new personal best time.

We must be able to put things in perspective and not pass up learning opportunities. In both of the hands above I held a card of the flopped suit, reducing the already small probability of a flopped flush even more. In the game I usually play quite aggressively so I get looked up more than most other players. And I don't worry about monsters under the bed. Those two hands will not change my approach to this game or cause me to hyperbolically state that every time there is a single suited board someone has flopped a flush.

So venting is good, but losing perspective is -EV. That makes it a leak which must be recognized and corrected. Actually bad beats are a good thing because the indicate you are getting your money in ahead. The will come in streaks that can cause one to question there game so we must be brutality honest in hand evaluations. To grow as poker players we must not make a habit of passing up learning opportunities. In this case you probably learned more about this villain's range.

Letting this situations negatively affect your game is -EV, as stated above, but turning them into learning experiences when possible is hugely +EV.

Good decisions.

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 12:42 PM
(#10)
In my experience playing online poker , not just on PS . if you see a flop with AA you will lose more than win , no matter how well you played your hand - correct bet sizing , making players pay to chase their draws . I have lost count the number of times I raise with AA get called by at least one player , and someone flops bottom or middle set ; it happens to much for my liking , but then again that might just be my experience .

Although I play AA - you have to right ? - I still think they are the worst hand in poker : win a small pot lose a big one ; unless you have the over pair or set on a dry flop they are just pish . Its probably why everyone complains when they lose with them . They are good pre flop , pretty average on the flop .

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 03:56 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by frasierbeams View Post
In my experience playing online poker , not just on PS . if you see a flop with AA you will lose more than win , no matter how well you played your hand - correct bet sizing , making players pay to chase their draws . I have lost count the number of times I raise with AA get called by at least one player , and someone flops bottom or middle set ; it happens to much for my liking , but then again that might just be my experience .

Although I play AA - you have to right ? - I still think they are the worst hand in poker : win a small pot lose a big one ; unless you have the over pair or set on a dry flop they are just pish . Its probably why everyone complains when they lose with them . They are good pre flop , pretty average on the flop .
I dont see a reason why not to fold AA preflop if you consider it such a bad investment

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com