Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

bankroll builder

Old
bankroll builder - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 04:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 05:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carroll2013 View Post
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 01:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello carroll2013,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 04:53 PM
(#4)
1.watched
2.below is my hand
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=BFBCCE70C6
3.to be done

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 05:06 PM
(#5)
3 has been done

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 05:33 PM
(#6)
Thanks for posting the hand, we'll have the analysis done shortly

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 06:49 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi carroll2013! I'll take a look at this hand (post #4) for you.

You have K3 offsuit in a multiway pot, with several players just limping in (calling the big blind). Although you're getting excellent pot odds to call and see a flop, this hand does not have a positive expectation, particular as you'll be first to act post-flop. It's very hard to make money when you are out of position. For that reason, I'd actually fold pre-flop.
As played you called and the flop comes KKA which is a great flop for you. The problem is that you have no kicker. If anyone else has a king, you will lose your stack. You could get some value from players with Ax, and maybe a gutshot straight draw, but if you end up playing a big pot, you'll usually be losing it, to a hand like AK or KQ.
You decided to slowplay and check the flop. I'm not keen on slowplaying. If someone has a hand like QJ or JT, they might get a free card and hit a straight. So, I'd bet out, hoping to get called by Ax.
As played, it's checked around so you see a turn card. The 8c is blank. The only hand it helps is 88, which would have hit a 2-outer for free. Here you decide to lead out with a huge bet of larger than the pot. This is a big mistake. When you overbet the pot, it's hard to get value from worse hands. You're basically saying "I have a monster hand". When you probably have the best hand, you should make a bet of between half pot and full pot, in order to get called by worse. Most worse hands will fold to this overbet. You're very lucky that there is a villain who is bad enough to call this overbet by going all in with just a gutshot draw. When you come to play on real money tables, no worse hands will be calling your overbet. Only better hands will call. In this way you get "value-owned".
In future, try and stick to standard bet-sizes of between half and full pot, in order to get value from worse hands and draws.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 04:41 AM
(#8)
Hi carroll2013,

I wanted to award you your first bonus, but unfortunately your Poker Basic quiz pass isn't showing on our system here. It's possible, but unlikely, that it's a technical issue, so please take the quiz again and let me know when you have passed it.

flophitter

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 05:26 AM
(#9)
Your Pass is showing now, so....Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
my hand played in 1/2cent table - Wed Jun 05, 2013, 10:05 PM
(#10)
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=8309C19AC3

Old
ANSWERS to "List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?" - Wed Jun 05, 2013, 10:09 PM
(#11)
1. want to make bigger pot and win with very strong hand
2. want to bluff to win the pot
3. want to keep some opponents with speculative hands away

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 05:12 AM
(#12)
Great thanks for posting the cash game hand, we'll provide the analysis here soon

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 12:34 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi again carroll2013! It's good to see you've made it on to the real money tables. Let's take a look at this hand.

First of all, it looks like you posted your big blind out of turn. Don't do this. Since you'll be dealt an unplayable hand more than 80% of the time, you'll be throwing away 2c four times out of five. This money will add up over time and drain your bankroll. When you first join a table, click the "Wait until big blind before posting" option. There are several useful settings in the software for things like this, and I've listed them in my blog.

Here you got dealt 54o, which is total junk. Fortunately, there is no raise (to which you'd have to fold), so you get to see a flop against the player in the Big Blind. Since he checked his option, he can have any two cards (ATC). There's a big flop of AQT, so your 5-high is clearly in bad shape. The BB doesn't bet and you check behind, so you see a turn for free. You make a pair of 4s here, but you'd still lose to Ax Qx and Jx. When villain checks for the second street in a row, he usually has nothing at all, so I'd often bet in position whatever cards I have, in order to steal the pot. Here you actually have a hand with some weak showdown value, so checking behind is probably better. You don't really want to bet here and get called by a random J. The river deuce is a total blank. Since villain checks yet again, it's clear he has completely missed. Since he has nothing that could call a bet, you can check behind, feeling confident you have the best hand. It's not often you win a pot with 54, but you got lucky this time.

Best of luck with your next cashgame session!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 01:34 PM
(#14)
Just let me know when you have passed the Cash Game quiz and I'll give you your 2nd bonus followed by your next steps

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com