Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl River range merge

Old
5nl River range merge - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 05:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Thought this would be a good spot to merge my betting range OTR against a 20/14/4 over 150 hands or so.

We could probably fold out mid pairs if we shove this river, and might be able to get looked up light if we thinks we bet missed draws.

Last edited by birdayy; Tue Jun 04, 2013 at 05:25 AM..

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 09:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Birdayy,

I don't think this is a good spot to shove, basically his range is largely Kx and draws, and we beat almost all busted draws (only not beating JcXc). He's never folding Kx. At best we get him to fold JcXc some of the time, but that isn't even certain. And as for calling us light, what worse hand can he call us with??? Even if he thinks we might be stone bluffing a busted draw, he can't call off with a busted draw of his own and basically all made hands beat us.

My advice is to not worry about merging ranges at 5NL, you're going to usually just shoot yourself in the foot. Save that for tougher players... just play exploitatively in microstakes.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com