Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl 6 Max Zoom - Aces Value

Old
5nl 6 Max Zoom - Aces Value - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 10:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011

Is it profitable in the long run to be playing aces so strongly?

Ads

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 10:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I think so, yeah, at 5NL there is more than enough 'fat' value to be had with big hands where someone has hit a small bit of the flop and are willing to go to the river with it.

I would have 3bet a little bit bigger. $1.15 or something around that.

Flop bet was good and sets up getting it in on the turn as you are are putting $3.80 into a $5.07 pot. If you bet anything else you arent getting away from it anyway.

I wouldnt have played it any different.

Villain never gave you any reason to doubt your hand with a re-raise.

Old
reply to hand - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 02:30 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
It really depends on the flop and on the villian, if the flop is dry and the villian a fish be as aggresive as possible. The flop here was very wet flush draws straight draws, so maybe a little more cautious, but he never really told us we were beat so i think you played it correctly. But most of my decisions are based on my opponent, and what reads and how they play often indicates the best way to play a certain hand.

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Nice hand! If you don't have any reads on villain in a 4-bet pot with a hand as strong as this at all I'd just go for a big enough bet on this wet flop to be able to jam most turns. Since he flatted your 4-bet he might of course have QQ/JJ some of the time but also AQ and then some KK too as well as hands with the OTT that still call a shove. There's too much money in there already to consider abandoning this pot.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com