Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max ATo

Old
5NL 6-max ATo - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 10:34 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, the villain is playing 16/15/7 over 123 hands.
the big raise on the river made me fell like I was beat. Should I've folded my ace trips there ?
Could a TAG be doing this with some suited aced called PF like that I was in front ?

Thanks

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 12:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I think the fold on the river is good... seems unlikely to be a bluff given what you know about the villain and the strength you've shown to this point in the hand. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see 22, 55, or AQ here.

Not sure a bet/bet/bet line is best here though, as I don't see how we are getting 3 streets of value from worse with this hand strength vs. a tighter player. Consider checking a street, at the very least check/call the river, maybe a busted diamond draw will take a stab and bluff.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com