Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL zoom did I just get Jacked?

Old
5NL zoom did I just get Jacked? - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010

5nl zoom
Seat 1 is a tight reg play playing a TAG style, Seem to me at the time a standard raise on the button when its folded to him, SB comes along so i raise, both players call (I hear Alarm bells)

I'm thinking (55+, AJ+)
On the flop I thought the J less likely then the all in. I feel I'm commeted to the hand (foolishly) but what maight have been a better play on the flop or what is my best line now.

Thanks

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
reply - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 01:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I think you played the hand alright, but preflop i would not have minded a reshove from us as we are likely to have the best hand and we might have got it heads up as the range from the opponents consist of some Aces and Kings so if one of those flopped it would be horrible. The lead on the flop i think was alright as we could get called by some smaller pairs . But the check raise from the SB just screams a Jack , as with 3 people in the pot i think possibly the only hands that would shove are beating us them being a, Jack or AA,KK,33 are all other hands possible as well. The only way i could call this shove is if i had certain reads on this villian as i do have notes on some people who love to shove when the board pairs as they see it as a great bluff chance as we players must see hands were the person has made trips several times a day. So as i say i think i would also fold unless we had a firm read that this villian would take this action when bluffing especially when his shove is only a small portion of the overall pot...

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 07:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
I was looking forward to seeing an analyser reply, hasn't happened so guess I will speculate ...
As played I think villain 2 should have us beat nearly 100% of the time as he must expect at least one if not two calls to his shove.

Is 5x pre from button really standard? Surely the bet and call ahead of us suggest some strength? When they both call the 3 bet I would only be excited about a flop with a on board. Smaller c-bet if we are going to fold to a raise (seems best) and if we don't want to scare off 66-TT. Just thoughts.

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 11:55 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
The 5x open from the tight player on the button is very worrying, and noteworthy. This sort of sizing is often a tell. I might just flat and go set-mining 3-ways here, instead of squeezing, because I think it's quite likely that the TAG/nit will 4-bet with JJ+ and AK.
As played, getting two calls when you're out of position is pretty sick. I think you have to bet the flop, but you don't need to make it so big. In a 3-bet pot on a board like this, half pot will have the same effect as a larger bet. That is to say, most worse hands fold, and better hands call or raise. It's a very easy fold when you get shoved on. Maybe my read is way off here, but although it's the small blind that shoves, I wouldn't be at all surprised in the button actually has quads.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Jacked - Wed Jun 05, 2013, 01:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
Am I wrong to think this squeeze was a bit low? I would bet 3x + another for being OOP, Possibly + another to discourage 2 callers making $1 to $1.25. I'd say the fold is easy as played.

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 02:48 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Yeah, at least a dollar would be preferable. You can still get called by worse, but are less likely to be multiway.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 03:12 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Thanks for. The thoughts everyone, still working on my game as you can tell.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com