Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

PSO 13: More value with a boat?

Old
PSO 13: More value with a boat? - Tue Jun 04, 2013, 04:59 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013

So I was wondering about this hand, how to extrace maximum value? The flop can't have hit too many hands of villian I suppose.. Afterwards he said to have jacks. The call is pretty horrible preflop, but I didn't want to be known as a blind stealer from the SB at the beginning of that table.

Last edited by wilcogold; Tue Jun 04, 2013 at 05:07 PM..

Old
Tue Jun 04, 2013, 06:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi wilcogold!

When it folds to me in the SB with 7To, I need to look at this like I would a HU situation, since it's blind vs blind. In this type of situation, I want to be playing top 20% hands if out of position and top 80% hands when in position. T7o is NOT in the top 20% of hands, so this is not a strong enough hand to play and I need to muck. I do not want to be playing bad hands when OOP, as doing so is a huge chip leak over time.

If I was in the hand (which I WOULD NOT be), I will once again, make standard bets based on the board, pot and number of opps. 1/2 pot each street... no more, no less. Betting more on the flop will once again only get me value-owned, as the only thing that should call me from an observant opp will be a set, that crushes me.

The keys here are to muck bad hands when out of position preflop, then standard bets. Abnormal bets turn my cards face-up to an observant opp.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com