Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Higher Quality Holdem Manager Beginners Guide Video Please? :)

Old
Higher Quality Holdem Manager Beginners Guide Video Please? :) - Wed Jun 05, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2011
Hi,

Firstly, I'd just like to say how much I value and enjoy the vast array of poker videos that there are available in the library, and I've particularly found the ones by Dave (or TheLangolier) very helpful.

Do you think it's possible that there will one day be an up to date guide to usuing HM / tracking software, and in higher definition than the one currently in the database (session 5)?

Many thanks.

Old
Wed Jun 05, 2013, 04:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
This is almost uncanny.

I was watching the live training that was done on Holdem Manager and reviewing statistics before this evenings live training kicked off and was thinking it would be nice if there were a more up to date one.

I only see one problem though in that there are a number of different products out there. PT3/4 and HEM1/2 still being widely used. And it would be difficult for the live trainer, and I am just assuming it would be Dave here, as he did the first one, to be able to fit enough variants in to satisfy every one if all products are owned. Would still be nice of course if one was done for HEM2 although I am finding my way round it better these days.

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 12:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you find my trainings useful!

I don't know why the video quality is poor on the HEM training... it was recorded back in the early days of live training by the old management, and I was quite surprised when I saw it in the video archive like that. I asked why it was poor quality and never received an answer, nor do I have access to the recording to try enhancing the quality of the original production.

I won't be making a new HEM1 video for a couple reasons. First, HEM is fairly obsolete at this point in time. I realize some still use it, but those users should all be HEM veterans as you haven't even been able to buy it for quite some time and Holdem Manager doesn't support the product any more afaik. I also won't be making any video for HM2, as I don't use it. Second, I don't use HEM any more, I use PT4.

I don't think I will be making a guide to using PT4 class because that's not our job here, teaching you the basics of using their software, and they have pretty good guides themselves including video tutorials on the basics. I also will not be making a presentation on how to use the stats and features to do self review, largely because this is basically already what I do in my Statistical Sleuth member review sessions. Watching these videos should provide a lot of ideas about where to start and what kind of things to look at in your own self reviews.

What I may do is a future class on utilizing the stats in a correct fashion, in particular HUD stats, like the video I have in there on HUD usage but an updated version.

You can spend the time on HM or PT's website reviewing their FAQs and watching their tutorials to learn how to use the basic functions of the product. You can watch the Stat Sleuth sessions for ideas about how to self review with the products. What you maybe can't do is get good information on their sites about how to correctly interpret the data it gives you on villains to properly adjust to exploit them. A formal theory class to address this, along with examples, would be very beneficial imo. That's probably a few months off since I have June's topics mapped out and have a short month next month as I'll be in Vegas for 2 weeks. But I think it's a good idea to make.

Regards,
Dave

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 02:17 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
Thanks for the reply, Dave.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com