Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Thumbs up
Bankroll Builder - Wed Jun 05, 2013, 11:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hi, I would like to take a part in the bankroll builder promotion, thank you.

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 01:37 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 04:37 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)
Thanks John, I really love this site, it has everything that i needed to improve my game in the table.
Hope to meet you in the table, someday.

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 05:06 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello Arzyl,

Glad to hear you love the site! And good news - you are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 08:58 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flophitter View Post
Hello Arzyl,

Glad to hear you love the site! And good news - you are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

Best of Luck!

flophitter
Ok, thank you so much, I am so excited to watch every video here.

More power flophitter \m/

Old
Bankroll Builder Session Feedback - Thu Jun 06, 2013, 10:11 AM
(#6)

pocket 10 raising all in.

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 01:41 PM
(#7)
Hi Arzyl,

Thanks for posting the hand, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly

Old
Thu Jun 06, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Arzyl!

The first tip that I would have for you is that whenever sitting down at a ring table, always wait for the BB. Posting and paying extra blinds over and over will be a HUGE drain to a player's bankroll.

With 10's from UTG+1, I have 2 limps in front of me (UTG and my post). I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Due to this, I will bet 500. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to keep the opps guessing as to the cards that I'm playing. Players that bet more with better hands and less with weaker ones are basically turning their cards face-up and that is something that I want to avoid.

I then get 2 calls, a raise to 2700 and another call. This puts me in a really bad spot. as I do have a made hand, but in a multi-way pot, it's very, very marginal. With this many opps against me, it's likely that between them, they will have all of the cards higher than a 10 and if any pair the board, I'm beat. Due to this, I need to muck my 10's here. If I was up against 1 opp, or maybe 2 opps that were extremely loose, I would shove here, but with possibly 4 opps, it's too much of a risk.

I also do not want to just call the 2700 here, as this is more than 1/3 of my remaining stack, which means that I'm pot-committed. Therefore, if I call this bet, I cannot ever fold in the hand after this. When a bet would make me pot-committed, I need to either shove or fold and anything in-between is a play that I cannot make.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 01:31 AM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Hi Arzyl!

The first tip that I would have for you is that whenever sitting down at a ring table, always wait for the BB. Posting and paying extra blinds over and over will be a HUGE drain to a player's bankroll.

With 10's from UTG+1, I have 2 limps in front of me (UTG and my post). I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper. Due to this, I will bet 500. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to keep the opps guessing as to the cards that I'm playing. Players that bet more with better hands and less with weaker ones are basically turning their cards face-up and that is something that I want to avoid.

I then get 2 calls, a raise to 2700 and another call. This puts me in a really bad spot. as I do have a made hand, but in a multi-way pot, it's very, very marginal. With this many opps against me, it's likely that between them, they will have all of the cards higher than a 10 and if any pair the board, I'm beat. Due to this, I need to muck my 10's here. If I was up against 1 opp, or maybe 2 opps that were extremely loose, I would shove here, but with possibly 4 opps, it's too much of a risk.

I also do not want to just call the 2700 here, as this is more than 1/3 of my remaining stack, which means that I'm pot-committed. Therefore, if I call this bet, I cannot ever fold in the hand after this. When a bet would make me pot-committed, I need to either shove or fold and anything in-between is a play that I cannot make.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)
Thank you so much John, the tip you gave me was really a great help, as a beginner, I now realize that I should give importance with my stack. I will not force myself to see a flop with weak hands and in betting, i will review my course here about betting.

I'm really thankful that I'm here with you guys, more power.

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 04:08 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flophitter View Post
Hello Arzyl,

First Step

Best of Luck!

flophitter
Hello flophitter, I already watched the "getting started" video and posted a "PLAY MONEY" hand using hand replayer, I also passed the poker basic course but still need to review some articles, I am still not contented with the score I got from the assessment and will probably take another test after I finish my review.

I am really happy for the free knowledge that I got here, it will definitely adds a great improvement with my game on the table. There are still a lot of lessons for me take here and would be very happy to do so.

I am now done with the steps that you gave me, what's next?

I am a lot more confident now than before.
Thank you so much @pokerschoolonline

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 05:09 AM
(#11)
That's great to hear, Arzyl. And congratulations, you've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 06:06 AM
(#12)
Thanks for that flophitter. I watched the video and found out 4 reasons why to bet big.

To protect against strong draws.
To put a lot of pressure on opponents.
To gain value from very strong hands.
To bluff opponents who have decent hands.

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 12:43 AM
(#13)

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 05:37 AM
(#14)
Great thanks for posting the hand, we'll provide the analysis here soon

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 08:45 AM
(#15)
And please help me with this hand, I don't know if what I did was wrong or correct. I lose almost 35% of my bankroll in this hand.

Last edited by Arzyl; Sat Jun 08, 2013 at 08:52 AM..

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 04:01 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Arzyl! I'll take a look at your real money hands from posts #13 and #15.

1. It's folded to you in late position, where you have pocket 7s. This has is good enough to play, so it's good enough to raise. Your standard sizing of 3bb is perfect. Often you'll steal the blinds from this late position, or you'll be able to win the pot with a continuation bet on the flop.
You get one caller and the flop comes JT3. Villain checks, and I like betting here for a couple of reasons. Firstly, you often have the best hand, so it's a value-bet. Secondly, your hand is unlikely to improve, as you only have 2 outs to a set of trips. You should be quite happy to win the pot now, before more overcards hit the board that could give villain a better pair. I think your bet-size is too small here. For flop and turn bets, you should always bet between half pot and full pot. Anything less gives villains a good price to call if they have a draw. Something like 8c would be my sizing on this flop.
As played, you only bet 4c and villain calls. He could be doing this with a draw like KQ/98, or maybe he has one pair that's not particularly strong, like 88 or T9, since he didn't raise it up. The turn is a very bad card for you. The queen makes a straight for 98 and AK, and it improves KQ to top pair. You now have just fourth pair on this board. I would give up on the pot here. Almost any hand that called on the flop will also call on this turn. Betting just 4c into 23c is a mistake. You're still not making it a mistake for draws to call, and you're not betting big enough to make better hands (like T9) fold. Since you have some marginal "showdown value", you should try and get to showdown cheaply, by checking behind in position. By betting, you're just giving money to the villain if he has a better hand. After your small turn bet, villain actually raises. He's saying "I have a strong hand". With 4th pair, you clearly do not. Although it's only a small raise, you should fold here. Villain is likely to also bet the river, and you won't be able to call unless you hit your 2-outer.
As luck would have it, you manage to spike your set on the river. Villain bets, and you call. I'd sometimes raise here, but since villain raised the turn, he can definitely have turned a straight, so calling to find out is fine.
You got a nice result here, but it relied a lot on luck. With a weak hand like an underpair, your plan should be to have a half pot stab on the flop, but give up when you get called. Don't keep putting money in the pot when your hand is weak. Try and get to a cheap showdown. You certainly shouldn't call raises with an underpair, because villains are seldom bluffing. A raise means "I am beating you", so you should fold.

2. This is a pretty crazy hand in which you got very unlucky, but you made a mistake early on. There's a limper before you and you have AA. You should be raising it up 100% of the time. Just calling is slowplaying and is not recommended. Slowplaying not only means you miss value. It also leads to trickier decisions on future streets. Poker is a lot easier to play if you have the betting lead. As played, you over-limp, so someone else tries an iso-raise to 10c. This has two callers and then the action is back on you. Raising now is definitely correct, and I'd make it about 45c, because I do not want multiple callers, as AA has a lower chance of winning if it is up against more hands. Your raise to 40c gets one call, and then the first player shoves for 57c, opening the betting again. At this point, I would go all in myself, to isolate the all-in shortstack. You do not really want another player coming along and cracking your aces.
On the flop, the pot is larger than your remaining stack, so there is only one play here, and that's to shove all in. The KKQ flop is bad for you, because the caller on the button can have hands like QQ and KQ, but there was so much action pre-flop that you got pot-committed. You bet very small (40c into $1.84) and I'm surprised to see the button folds. Maybe he had JJ or TT, so hates this flop. Since you're now heads up with the all in player, the cards go on their backs. He flips over 76o which is completely shocking. He should never have put his stack in the middle with such a weak hand. Even more shocking is that he gets running sevens to make a full house. This is just brutal.
If you'd played this hand in a more standard manner, this bad beat might not have happened. Making a standard raise to 8c may have caused the limper to fold, but even if he called, he'd have to fold to a bet on the flop with his 7 high. It was only because of crazy action pre-flop that this villain seems to have decided "Well, I've put a fifth of my stack in, and there's a ton of dead money in the pot, I may as well ship the rest in and see if I get lucky". If you'd made the first raise, there would probably be fewer players in the pot, so you'd have a better chance of success. In future, don't slowplay your monster hands. Follow the standard line and raise them up at each and every opportunity. With AA, you should try and get all in pre-flop. If there's been a raise and a re-raise, then it's fine to go all in.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 02:27 AM
(#17)
Thank you so much Arty, that was very big help. The pot that was already mine preflop was stolen to me in the river with a very junk hand in preflop. I just learned my lessons, if ever I get a hand like that again, I will definitely do what you told me. Because I did a cheap raise preflop with my monster hand, hands that should have been folded joined the flop and improve to the nuts in the river.

I should not have slow played that hand.

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 02:28 AM
(#18)
By the way, I'm done taking the cash game test and passed it.

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 02:49 AM
(#19)
Hey Arty I got 2 aces in my hole cards again, I did get a decent pot by following the lessons you gave me, Thanks.

I am thinking that he might be having an AK or KQ here. At first I thought he has KK but since he did not raise after I call his raise post flop, then I think I beat him. Lucky for me and Ace comes on the river.

Please tell me if I am wrong, I will be very happy to know it.

Last edited by Arzyl; Sun Jun 09, 2013 at 03:00 AM..

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 01:13 PM
(#20)
Hello Arzyl, we'll have that hand looked at soon, meanwhile...

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com