Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL zoom. 99 on a scary board

Old
2NL zoom. 99 on a scary board - Thu Jun 06, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013

When checked to me OTF I think it's less likely for someone to have a queen and I can get value from draws or take it down now. Turn not sure, didn't want to blow it too much without a strong hand. River just looked to me more likely like a bet to make me fold rather than call after I showed weakness OTT. I guess he would bet less for value.
Not sure about the post-flop line on all streets.
Thanks.

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 12:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Predanni,

I think your line is fine here. It would, of course, help if you had some reads on these villains.

When we get called on the flop I think we can expect to be up against a range of Qx, flush draws, and a few slow playing flushes mostly. I'd generally bet again on the turn, since our hand strength is good for 2 streets of value only vs the draws... we are probably more likely to get it now on the turn by a call than on the river by a busted draw bluffing (reads... if they are very aggressive post flop then I like checking back the turn more to avoid a check-raise that might be a semi-bluff sometimes and induce bluffs when he busts). As played the river reduces the Q combos he can have, and the draw busted, so I would look him up here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com