Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL _ KK facing preflop reraise. Call or fold?

Old
25NL _ KK facing preflop reraise. Call or fold? - Fri Jun 07, 2013, 03:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
Hello everyone,

Here is another tough spot for me. What is your preflop play on this spot?

My image at the table is tight and villain has been caught calling 3 bets with facecards off and connectors off as well as suited not connected cards. No stats on him.

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 05:18 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Kilusonak,
Welcome to PSO

I wouldn't mark this as a tough spot, it's pretty easy actually we have a Premium OOP facing a raise and min-3bet... Raise it UP
I am never ever folding Kings here. LIKE NEVER unless someone flips AA then I'd fold.
Calling to disguise our hand strength against a light 3bettor who will likely fold to our 4bet may not be so promising since we are out of position and calling will surely induce a call from the initial raiser and I don't think that playing KK OOP multiway will be too profitable. I will take the standard line here and make it 4.5$ and be more than happy to go all in if someone comes over the top.

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 09:47 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2012
Against someone with your villians image i am getting it all in everytime, as we will have the best hand 99% of the time. Against a super nit then your line is fine but against this villian i am happy to get it in...

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 12:53 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Ya what they said. I see preflop options as call or 4 bet, hate the call as don't want to see a flop 3 handed with KK, it also sounds like the 3better may stack off with more than AA-KK so very happy to 4 bet and get it in here. If he has AA, so be it, probably a lot else that it coulda been.

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 08:53 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2012
If he is 5betting with anything other than AA or KK than it is an auto jam over the top. If however you ARE SURE his range for doing this ONLY INCLUDES AA and KK than it is unfortunately a fold. It was a value raise which we expected to get called by worse but if he only ever comes over the top with AA/KK than we have to fold as our equity against that range is a mere 22.6% which is not enough for a shove.

Calling is out of question because even if we see a flop HU we are still going to get stacked by AA unless an A hits the flop (but that only happens around 11.8% of the time)

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 11:03 PM
(#6)
Thank you very much everyone for taking your time to look into this hand.

My instincts were telling me that in this hand he might be really strong and have an AA. He was calling 3 bet raises with wide range of hands but I haven't seen him reraising just for nothing. He is aggressive but not maniac I would say. So the question here was if he have an AA or still trying to push me off with AK or KK-QQ. Definitely, if it's not an AA it's an auto all-in.

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 05:29 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Kilu,

I agree with others that it's fine to 4b/get it in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilusonak View Post
villain has been caught calling 3 bets with facecards off and connectors off as well as suited not connected cards. No stats on him.
You must have stats, if you have this other read info. But it's enough of a read to not think about laying down KK imo. If he's making such bad calls of 3b's routinely then his min-3b range should be wide enough to make stacking off KK profitable imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 07:48 AM
(#8)
Thank you very much everyone for the opinion on this hand.

After his reraise to 7.50 I was left with 18.++, so I went allin because 3 bet reraise was meaningless. This hand happened short after this one http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ty-board.-Call, so definitely I was kinda tilting and wanted revenge on the villain. To be precise it is just 10 hands after. The problem is that despite the fact my play was correct (which is I guess agreed upon here) I felt 99% that this time he had rockets. But folding wasn't a good play and I found confirmation to this here.

The problem is that it were my last bankroll money. Here is what happened but there is not much drama in there.

Last edited by Kilusonak; Mon Jun 10, 2013 at 07:54 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com