Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl 6max zoom, AK TPTK on wet board

Old
5nl 6max zoom, AK TPTK on wet board - Fri Jun 07, 2013, 06:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
I've decided to post 2 hands because it's basically the same situation, but I acted differently in each of them
Nr 1.

villain
16/9
flop Af: 1.25
3bet: 9.8
raise flop cbet:33 over 136 hands

the check/raise sizing was what scared me, I thought of two pair pair, maybe a set with TT
against two pair I'm not good even if I hit an ace, all was left was 2 kings.
Looking back I think I was better of calling, didn't really see that big raise cbet stat. Tell me what you think, should I have called, if so, what if he checks/bets again on turn?

and Nr. 2

villain unknown
I played this hand not long after the first one, there was no check rasie to scare me off so this time I decided to beat kj JQ AJ AQ, any flush draw and chop with AK
So is my play good here, should I have thought twice before calling the turn?

Last edited by Praydk; Fri Jun 07, 2013 at 06:30 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 08:54 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Praydk,

Hand#1
Villain's c/r range OTF is a value raise for sure because this flop hits our perceived range. He will basically have{ QQ, TT, AJs, KQs}. And we don't have implied odds to call because when we improve by hitting a Jack we will not be able to win more from him. Good fold.

Hand#2
This is not a similar hand because it's a 3bet pot and in a 3bet pot the SPR is lower than a single-raise pot.
I think once you call the flop bet you have committed yourself since you've already invested 40% of your stack.
And V5 donks for >75% pot, he's clearly not going anywhere. Perhaps ship flop with TPTK + gutshot + BDFD. Can we ever find a fold here?

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 11:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
thx, but will the villain have QQ with that 3bet percentage in the first hand?

Last edited by Praydk; Fri Jun 07, 2013 at 11:12 AM..

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 12:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praydk View Post
thx, but will the villain have QQ with that 3bet percentage in the first hand?
He might; you'd have to see how much he 3bets vs different positional opens.

He could be 3betting BTN/CO too much but nit 3betting vs EP opens - the total 3bet% you provide only tells us how much he is 3betting as a total average against ALL positions

Old
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 01:15 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Those boards are really tough ones for AK and both times villain's hand range looks to be very strong with the lines and dynamics (x/r big on flop and leading big multiway). I can't blame you for making tight folds here as there are many combos that may have us beat. The only hands we are beating are the broadway hands with straightdraws in them and in case we decide to continue I like calling flop in both spots. In spot 1 I would probably consider folding if be bets big OTT again while in spot 2 I wouldn't plan on folding blank turns.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com