Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Check my hand

Old
Check my hand - Fri Jun 07, 2013, 07:58 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013

Can anyone analyze and say to me what i did wrong...

Thank you.

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Dzeminis,

There is not much to say with 10bb. Open shove I guess, why are you limping? Playing with less than 50bbs won't lead to good poker. So enable your client to auto top-up to 100b and start learning poker from there

GL!

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 08:35 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hey there,

I completely agree with Geo here on both points.

When I see a guy at the table so short-stacked it's a good indication that this player is not a regular.

Also by limping preflop with such a strong hand here you allowed the villain to see a free flop in the big blind and he hit the board really strong with his set.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 09:23 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2013
Thank you for tip... Ill try to do as u say

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 12:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
I'd never allow myself to get this short-stacked, as I use Auto-Rebuy. (Setting the software to do this is described in my blog.)
If I did happen to only have 10bb, then there are 2 options for QQ UTG. (Folding is not an option with this hand)
1. Open shove all 20c. This is somewhat unlikely to be called by worse, but may get looked up by hands like 88+ and AJs+.
2. Make a standard raise to 3bb (6c), with the plan being to snap-call a shove, or to ship the rest in on 100% of flops.

Slowplaying any hand is a mistake at 2NL. It misses value when you have the best hand, and allows villains to suck out for a bargain price. Don't get fancy and try limping your big hands. All you do is make it more likely that you'll lose.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri Jun 07, 2013 at 12:23 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com