Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Just "burn me at the stake".

Old
Just "burn me at the stake". - Fri Jun 07, 2013, 12:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=762DCEB63B

Is it ever any different.......................

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=B25DD3DD21

Last edited by holdemace486; Fri Jun 07, 2013 at 12:47 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 01:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
With 33, you don't have the right implied odds to call the 3-bet and go set-mining, even in a multiway pot. You need to call 60c, but your stack is less than $5. Easy fold.
As played, you hit your set, but because you are short-stacked, you cannot price villain out of chasing his OESD. Your minraise into a very large pot makes it a very easy stack off for him. In other words, villain did not make a mistake by calling. How do you expect to make money if you're not forcing villains to make mistakes?

With JTs, you make a small 3-bet on the button. This again is a mistake. You're not deep enough to be playing suited connectors, let alone 3-bet them, and the raise has very little fold equity. It gives villain a bargain price to try and out-flop you. Villain donks out and you decide to slowplay trips. This means villain can set his own price if he's on a draw. The run out was pretty unfortunate for you, but villain is going to get there about a quarter of the time after you see the turn, and once more, your short-stack shove gave him the right price to do so.

Villains made +EV plays in these hands. At certain points, you did not. Suckouts are much more likely to happen if you play short-stacked and "allow" villains to get there.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Fri Jun 07, 2013 at 01:41 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 07, 2013, 09:31 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
Is it ever any different.......................
Nope. Those who don't learn from their mistakes, are doomed to repeat them.

I would encourage you to read Arty's post closely. Although your historical pattern indicates you won't, or you will want to argue and defend your choice of actions. Another mistake you seem to like repeating.

Both these hands are learning opportunities. Yet you chose to make them bad beat posts. Why? Arty is trying to make it a learning opportunity anyway. "A" for effort anyway Arty, thanks!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
And i suppose i played this one bad too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Mon Jun 17, 2013, 09:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=533E62360B

Complete and utter garbage, I fell for it again and deposited. I must be retarded.

This is an absolute shame on poker, the internet hasruined the game.

The truly good players lose and i suspect most of the winning players are complete and utter donks.

I could not care less about analysis, I know I kick ass to get slammed time and time again.

It is like I said originally nearly two year, this is an absolute joke to the game.

You almost convinced me that it was me................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 02:01 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
Requests>Responsible Gaming>Exclude Me From Playing>180 Days.

If you want longer then just email wecare@pokerstars.com.

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 06:45 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2012
These badbeats happen to me everyday you just got to keep playing and you will deal some yourself just look at my blog in the members section

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 08:52 PM
(#7)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=533E62360B

Complete and utter garbage, I fell for it again and deposited. I must be retarded.

This is an absolute shame on poker, the internet hasruined the game.

The truly good players lose and i suspect most of the winning players are complete and utter donks.

I could not care less about analysis, I know I kick ass to get slammed time and time again.

It is like I said originally nearly two year, this is an absolute joke to the game.

You almost convinced me that it was me................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

Come on Mods,this is such an obvious "It's rigged" bunch of crap and you let it stand? Really?

Two things,for those that actually ARE capable of learning anything,that I guarantee the poster here did that WINNING online players,which he will never be,don't do...

1. Played on whilst tilted to Hell and gone.

2. Played outside,waaaaay outside,of his bankroll parameters.

You do that and the beats felt you instead of knocking you down a bit.

And then you melt down like Chernobyl on steroids,as seen here.

And yeah,it IS you.

Post does have plenty of LOL value though...

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 01:40 AM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2012
Yeah, noticed it was 10nl, it was short stacked, and not even playing the optimal short stack strategy.

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 10:20 PM
(#9)

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2013
Clearly you shouldnt be playing those stakes with those short stacks people tend to stack off lighter when your a shorty imo i do anyway when i come across those players.

I started poker today and i played 4k hands at zoom i lost $8 to coolers then i won it back and made a profit $12, these coolers happen but these hands were your fault not the other players feel free to have a winge about it when they make mistakes and suckout, you shouldn't be playing those stakes either your clearly tilting thinking you can get your losses back at higher stakes it dont work like that.

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2013
I saw the title of the thread and I was dissapointed to learn that it wasn't about a new village people song.
I think that you got really unlucky in all of those hands but don't act like you never sucked out on anyone at the turn or river.
Stop concetrating on the bad beats that you get, but on those that you cause and you will feel calmer.

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 03:35 PM
(#12)
Since: Feb 2011
Not enough ❤ in this thread.

Evaluate your game OP.

We all make mistakes.

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 06:01 PM
(#13)
Since: May 2011
Serious question, holdemace. WHY are you playing 10nl? I'm not saying this to bash on you or anything, and I don't want to be rude, but you are NOT good enough to play at higher stakes. You have busted an infinite number of times at 2nl, so why are you playing shortstacked (and terribly I might add) at higher stakes? They make far less mistakes than the 2nl players so you're doomed to lose long term. I, and many others, have tried and tried to help you become a better player. I even wrote a 5 mile long post with specific guidelines specially just for you after analyzing your game for over two hours. A post you completely ignored. Yet you time after time show up with stuff like this, with hands you play in the worst possible manner and then cry about it being rigged. You will NEVER be a long term winner as long as you play like this. These weren't bad beats, you just played the hands really poorly. I'm sorry but someone needs to slap you in the face with the cold hard reality.

Good luck on the felts, you'll need it.

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 02:01 PM
(#14)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
This is, and always has been, your failing. Your hubris prevents you from learning. You are not a "truly good player". You have received feedback on your decision making process, play of hands, and poker logic (which is quite flawed at times) since the beginning of your time here. Countless members, hand analyzers, and trainers have tried to help to no avail, you won't listen. Newsflash: There is not one long term winning player who is a complete and utter donk. Just ridiculous.

Quote:
I could not care less about analysis, I know I kick ass
See above. True hubris.

I have been playing this game seriously (and profitably) for 14 years now. Teaching in some form or another for 8 years. I think I am a solid player with more strengths than weaknesses and am confident at the tables, live or online. But my game isn't flawless, and I still work to identify leaks, learn more, and continue to try and evolve my game. I sometimes do dumb things at the table and make fishy mistakes. I'm ok with that, as long as I don't do it very often, and I learn from them when I do. But I have no illusions that I'm perfect, know it all, or have nothing else to learn. I'm not, I don't, and I do. I think the vast majority of solid winning players feel this way as well, in my experience.

You can keep talking like a boss, but your strategy concept posts, play of hands, and results at the lowest of stakes give you away. When will you open your eyes? There is so much help available to you right here at PSO, for free, but you can't take it on board until you humble yourself and accept that you're not a good, winning player, and start putting in the work and time to learn and improve. This process will never work half hearted or via lip service, because your game needs a large retooling quite frankly. If you don't accept this on a deep internal level the door won't be open to the learning that's necessary. You can get there! But it won't be a fast, or easy road, and it starts by defeating your most dangerous opponent... yourself.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 03:17 PM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2011
Like many losing players, holdemace is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, which is incredibly common amongst poker players... and one of the reasons that the game is profitable for those that have a better understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses.

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

The best players are the ones that recognise their own deficiencies, and take steps to improve their game. Like Dave, I make mistakes on the tables, and realise that I need to keep studying, just to stay even with the ever-improving player pool. PSO has a ton of free resources available to players that want to learn how to beat the game. I would recommend that instead of wasting time posting so-called bad beats in the forum, people check into a live training session instead. Focus on the things you CAN change, not the ones (bad luck) that you can't.

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 03:41 PM..

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
One VERY overlooked approach or rather attribute that a poker player can have is "self criticism". This stepping stone is a right of passage for good players or those aspiring to become one do to improve. But remember this, there are still good players losing money whether it be in the short or long run, it's the nature of the game. With so many possible board textures, hand combinations and player dynamics.. win some and lose some...take it how you sometimes give it.

Out of all the players that I've trained and coached over the past nearly two years, it's common to see players say how unlucky they are running (in what quite frankly is a extremely small sample size) but find no resolve/solution for it and are convinced it's all because of the in seat 1 with AQs chasing that river ace on a rainbow board texture of 7342 while we hold ATo OOP, there could have been other contributing factors as to why that pot('s) was lost..

The members of this community that have posted in your thread rest assured are here to help you and I do hope you take to heart and mind what was said.

"A single conversation with a wise man is worth a month's study of books."
Chinese Proverb

CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CannonLee; Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 03:24 PM..

Old
Fri Jul 05, 2013, 12:45 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Like many losing players, holdemace is a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, which is incredibly common amongst poker players... and one of the reasons that the game is profitable for those that have a better understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses.

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

The best players are the ones that recognise their own deficiencies, and take steps to improve their game. Like Dave, I make mistakes on the tables, and realise that I need to keep studying, just to stay even with the ever-improving player pool. PSO has a ton of free resources available to players that want to learn how to beat the game. I would recommend that instead of wasting time posting so-called bad beats in the forum, people check into a live training session instead. Focus on the things you CAN change, not the ones (bad luck) that you can't.

While it is to be commended that some people take the time to try and help others here , I do get the feeling that alot of the trainers and posters suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect themselves .

Old
Mon Jul 15, 2013, 01:50 PM
(#18)
Since: Dec 2011
I was quite sad to read this post, frankly. That because holdemace has been participating frequently in the forum threads, in the time vault promotion, an active member here at PSO. I do wish, holdem, that you find the space in your mind to realize that the road to consistent, long-term winning is paved with a lot of hard work, self improvement can only happen with self analysis self criticism.

I recognize very well that attitude, sadly, very often at the poker tables: the opponent who thinks he is the king of poker and that you are a lucky fish. He loses a hand and suddenly starts to be verbally aggressive. One of those days I played KK against a player who shoved TT- and lost- and he started to call me fish, a bad player who only plays KK (he was laggish and i was very tight in this particular game) which was quite an amazing 'logic' from him. Another guy after losing a hand in a SNG went to look me up at OPR and went on criticizing my itm percentage as listed there. The list goes on and on: guy shoves pf T6s against my QQ, gets lucky with trips 6 and starts bragging about it... So many of those situations.

I find the strategies and theories as stated here at PSO lessons extremely valuable. I find the opinions of the PSO coaches extremely important. I completely agree with Arty about your play, I was really surprised to see that raise with JTs, it really does not matter what the villain had, it's is basically a very risky, bad decision to play JTs that way against a UTG raiser. But then again, it depends a lot on what reads someone may have on the opponents, if the HUD says something about his aggression behavior after the flop, his pf stats. Slow-playing the trips was also pretty much throwing money away with the wet board there. But this is my opinion, in a way based on theories I have learned here and some playing experience, but i can be wrong. I rather listen to people like Andy, Chris, Jonh, Cannon, Arty, Dave, who have helped me in this (more of less) year I participate in this school to turn my game around towards winning. I think part of being a fish is basically thinking that you are the new Negreanu while your results say otherwise.

Time Vault Champion 2013

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com