Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom 44

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom 44 - Fri Jun 07, 2013, 04:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, PF raiser is playing 15/14/5. The playr on SB is unkown
Pre flop I decided to call because I had 140 BB and the BB would be tempted to call as well.
On teh flop the PS c-bet was scary, I felt he had some overpair that was scared of draws and then bets big in a MW pot.I decided to just call because the other player might go along. The turn makes the board more draw heavy so I decided to check raise there specially because we were deep.
My questiosn are:
1- is this a 'wet board' to the point I should check raise the flop ?
2- Shoukd I've lead the river ? because he's TAG (so not much FD on his range and the flop overbet felt like he was protecting against a FD instead os drawing it himself. Or is the river a check fold situation?

PS: he had As Ks

Thanks

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 12:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
1- is this a 'wet board' to the point I should check raise the flop ?
Not quite yet a c/r has some good options to it if V5 had an overpair, he is never folding. FDs might come over the top or also call a raise which is something we are happy about.
Sometimes leading OTF is also a good play; we can induce a raise from overpairs or FDs, calls from 55/66 or FDs or overcards.

2- Shoukd I've lead the river ? because he's TAG (so not much FD on his range and the flop overbet felt like he was protecting against a FD instead os drawing it himself. Or is the river a check fold situation?

I hardly see any heart draws in his range unless one particular hand AhJh because I expect a 15/14 to fold to a c/r OTT with his draws. So the river is not a c/f but I'm not sure if it should be a bet (and how much) or a c/c to induce a value bet from QQ/KK/AA

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 07:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi,

I would definitely either check-raise or lead out on the flop, like geo said we will get action from draws and overpairs and maybe reraised by both. Think about a hand like TcTs... there are so many scary turn cards for it the villain may raise again on the flop, but not be willing to give action on the turn.

As played bet river for value all day long. AJ+ may check down fearing the flush card for some reason, but they will call a bet.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com