Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom AA MW

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom AA MW - Fri Jun 07, 2013, 10:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, the villain that calls my c-bet is playing 28/24/7 over just 50 hands with AF of 7.
My line by betting and folding the turn is good right ? Since I don't see many worst hands raising the turn. Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 12:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi again fp_boss,

Looks like you're taking the Baluga theorem pretty serious
This players aggression is pretty high though;

Can you provide more info
3bet% - and 3bet% vs UTG
Flop Cbet Fold IP
Flop Agg; Turn Agg; River Agg

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 04:16 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, the 3B % is 7. there are not enough hands to tell his 3B vs UTG open, neither his fold to c-bet (is only 1/2). His AF on the streets are 5/5/inf.

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
How can you get a better read on someone by knowing there aggression on each street? If someones aggression is at 7 you know they are bluffing alot but sometimes mine goes past 5 not alot but it does if im running really good.

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 07:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
How can you get a better read on someone by knowing there aggression on each street? If someones aggression is at 7 you know they are bluffing alot but sometimes mine goes past 5 not alot but it does if im running really good.
That is the problem with aggression factor. A high number does not necessarily mean that a villain is super aggro, he could just be playing fit or fold style. That's why it is better to use aggression % imo. It gives you a better idea about how aggressive someone is on each street. If for example you see a flop aggression of %40+ (%50+ is really laggy) you know a villain likes to play flop aggressively and you should therefore not always give him credit for a big hand. If the number is about 20% it is much less likely that you are looking at a bluff or a semibluff. By looking at a villain's aggro % stats on each street you can get a very good idea on how often you should expect a raise and how often does a raise indicate a very strong hand.

Old
reply - Sat Jun 08, 2013, 11:53 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2012
I have seen alot of your hands and thoughts now, and what about your image i just think you are super exploitable. If you get check raised on the turn you are always folding you , try to mix up how you play . As most of the questions you want answering seem to be asking if you should play ABC poker, like this classic 'Beluga Situation' or like your previous hand asking if you should fold to a bet when the flush hits. Try to have a look at your stats are you always folding to 3 bets on the turn because if you are you can bet if i was playing you i would be 3 betting the turn. It is really good you are getting involved with asking all the questions but someone who play ABC will get picked off in alot of situations...

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 01:26 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
As a default line I'd bet/fold here with 1 pair especially since the pot was multiway and that makes villains flop calling range much stronger.

However, looking at the board texture a lot of flushdraws might have turned some extra outs. If you suspect villain to be a little more aggressive/tricky/bluffy than your average TAG you could consider shoving over the top. I would make this purely read-based though.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com