Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom how do I deal with this?

Old
5nl zoom how do I deal with this? - Sat Jun 08, 2013, 07:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
so how do I deal with this?

tons of situations like this, getting really sick of them as it gets me tilted
any suggestions? do I barrel a second time here? push the turn, or fold it?

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 08:12 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hey Praydk,

I think you played this one well. I'd go 0.65$ pre instead of 0.6$
(0.15$ x 3) + 0.05$ [extra bb for being OOP] + 0.15$ [the called bet]

Against nit UTG openers I would usually flat.
Good flop to cbet/fold here, as villain's 3bet calling range could include a lot of 22-TT that will fold here. (not TT and 55 ofcourse)
I would only 2nd barrel a Diamond, Q, A, K [maybe c/c a Diamond so that we don't get blown off our draw]

GL!

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 05:54 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Pray,

Preflop and flop look fine, I agree with checking the turn and folding to a reasonable bet, but his bet sizing is so small here that I think we can at least call, if not move all in as a semi-bluff. The small bet I think is often going to be a very weak made hand that doesn't want to give you a free card but isn't really confident, and a check-raise all in has significant fold equity, while we often have as many as 10 outs to improve to a winner when called.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 06:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
clearly villain was bad for calling and betting his awful hand but what i was wondering is why is everyone saying its fine to 3bet a UTG raise with AKo.

Last edited by mike2198; Sun Jun 09, 2013 at 06:07 PM..

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 07:09 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
clearly villain was bad for calling and betting his awful hand but what i was wondering is why is everyone saying its fine to 3bet a UTG raise with AKo.
Playing AKo 3 way OOP without initiative just creates a fit or fold situation since you won't know where you stand. By 3-betting you get value from worse hands that would call and sometimes get to a favourable HU situation where a C-bet would seem very strong even when you miss.

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 11:29 PM
(#6)
thx Dave, thx geo

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com