Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

suckouts

Old
suckouts - Sat Jun 08, 2013, 06:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Whats the most suckouts have you you lot had in a day, i started at 10 nl and played there for like an hour i made $4 and thought to myself if i get a few coolers il lose my whole roll so i went 5 nl and got rivered all night.

I played like 2k hands tonight at zoom and im $14 down ive made 1 bad call that cost me $5 because when villain shipped the river it made no sense and i called, wenrt fussed though because im normally right in those situations.

Anyway i got stacked today like 15 times to getting rivered by better sets and boats and straight and all sorts i couldn't believe my eyes it was so bad and not 1 single hand was i calling i was doing the betting.

The only time i got away on the river was when i knew on the river that i probably just got rivered and i just made a thin value bet and folded a raise, every time i couldnt get away was because i was pot committed with top set at the time or top two pair.

Even the premier league has been terrible yesterday i got good cards but my aces and kings were getting cracked and today i just got dealt trash hands then when i had 8bb and i was in the bb with j7 the sb limped and i checked i flop two pair and he flops a set and rivers quads lol talk about having a run of bad luck.

Id go as far to say i played most hands spot on and got destroyed way to often with the run of luck i had im surprised i didnt lose my whole roll lol.

Old
Sat Jun 08, 2013, 07:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
This might sound brutal, but the answer to the question "How many suckouts have you had?" is "No one cares". As with all bad beat stories, they only matter to the person experiencing them.

FWIW, I've lost 4 buy-ins in the first 45 hands of a session, and 7 buy-ins in a standard 200 hands in one hour. No one cares how brutal my hands were. Everyone that plays long enough will experience sick downswings. It's best not to dwell on them, and just continue to focus on making good decisions. If you're feeling tilted (I know my blood pressure would be sky high!) then take some time off, whether it's an hour, a day or a week.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 04:45 PM
(#3)
hehehee yeah i thought that when i posted Arty i knew it was pointless even posting the dribble i wrote but i was so annoyed that it had to be done even though i dont tilt that it affects my play i still get very annoyed by the stuff that goes on the amount of suckouts was unbelievable i know no one gives a monkeys, thats why im never in the bad beats section its just when this stuff happens and i use the forum i end up posting why i dont no because i dont learn nothing.

I guess that when i post up these suckouts i feel like i got it off my chest i dont know, what i do know is how i played them hands should of made me money and it never did i guess poker is all about knowing how to lose the minimum and make the most out of each hand the rest is luck my problem was i was unlucky i had the best hand and got rivered i could post these hands up but it would be a waste of my time and everyone who might look at them so i never bothered.

i had a good run for a week and made went from $50 to $140 and got well annoyed when i lost $15 to suckouts, i just cant handle getting beat by a worse player than me it really annoys me it dont affect my in game play but it does bug me after especially when im losing money or like in the premier league, what happened there was a complete joke 3 tourneys in a row i missed tonights because i had to chill but il have ago again tomorrow after work and see how it goes.

Old
Suck Outs ! - Sun Jun 16, 2013, 07:52 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Best poker advice i heard this month:

"If you get sucked out don't dwell on the Player. Play each hand as it comes and don't target a player for revenge"

I heard this after a guy rivered me 2 times with the Worst hand Pre Flop, On the Flop, On the Turn & got Luck Boxed on the River after me POT BETTING ALL THE WAY. Then puts in the Chat "I'm a Fish " Next hand I had Jacks and re-raised PFR Fish Boy calls, Flop all low I jam he calls with Set puts in chat

Its hard to see the Cards online are Random

Action flops to get two players in on the river seems to be the norm for max rake.

Now I'm trying to build a roll at 1c/2c so I expect to be fished but it seems a trend of Suckouts followed by your hands holding and how many times to you see AA v KK on Stars !

When the hand is dealt is the Deck set or still shuffling in the back ?

Well just my rant as I love live play but find it hard to see Online Poker as completely straight when a computer program dictates the action

Old
Sun Jun 16, 2013, 10:03 AM
(#5)
Yeah ive just had a bad run lost $10, $4 to coolers and $6 bad play but i was making calls because i had good enough equity to call when i was pretty sure i was beat so i guess il have to keep to my reads more than what a calculator tells me.

If i kept to my usual play i would be around $2 up but i think i need to keep to my reads and use the equity calculator more as a back up so im not to fussed about those losses il put it down to learning.

I have to dis agree that poker is fixed in anyway, poker is just complete luck you just need to be a skilled enough player to know when your beat, obviously theres times where you get it all good in and they suck out but thats just tough luck imo as long as you played the hand well your make money in the long run.

The reason i dont like mtts is because i think it takes a ton of luck to beat i never seem to get dealt a premium hand often enough and end up getting eaten by the blinds and you cant out play stations because they wont fold bottom pair on a wet board even when your repping a flush.

Then when you get a run of good cards like aces and kings and then they get cracked it just feels like a waste of my time which is why i play cash games.

That was when i started watching Daves card dead vids which was really good because i could pick up a few chips here and there off weak players.

I think i could probably beat mtts but im playing in the premier league now and by no means has anyone got an advantage on me its just ive had the worst run ever, i was card dead for most of them then on 1 out of 9 tourneys i played i managed to get a run of good cards i got deep and then i got KK and ran into aces vs a shorty then i got all in a few hands later with AA against KQ lol, we had fairly big stacks the flop came KQJ he flopped 2 pair i prayed for a T but it never came, like i said its pure luck even more so when theres bad players without a fold button.

I guess i cant complain though when i stack a few stations and get deep but it hasn't happened in 9 premier league tourneys i didnt even think it was possible to run so bad but this is exactly why i keep off mtts but i still dont believe poker is fixed.

Old
Sun Jun 16, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
............... so i guess il have to keep to my reads more than what a calculator tells me.
I've been saying that for over a year now, but nooooo nobody listens........lol

Calculators are just tools to help, they should in no way dictate the way you should play and the same goes for any other tools, such as HUD.

Just my 2 cents, I'm just a guy learning the game..lol

Old
Sun Jun 16, 2013, 11:43 AM
(#7)
I was playing zoom with out a hud untill i got pt4 i got to admit that a hud does give you an edge because you know when you playing a nit that opens UTG or you know when players are opening a wider range in later positions which means i can 3bet wider so im sure its more profitable with a hud.

You've got pt4 as well i have no idea why you arent using lol

Old
Sun Jun 16, 2013, 11:57 AM
(#8)
I can understand Dodgy's frustrations, because I've seen his graph. Presuming all 30,000 hands were played at 2NL, it's just brutal to be $25 below EV. I've had periods of runbad like that myself and it's just sick. Paranoia can take over you when you run that bad, but that's all it is: paranoia. Stick with it, buddy, and just be thankful you're not playing 1000NL, because a 15 buy-in downswing would be several months rent!

FWIW, Mike, I'm also stuck in quicksand in the Prem League. I guess I've seen both extremes of variance in that respect. I qualified for the league by completely crushing the 10 games I tried, but now I can't even get in the top 800 for the month, as the few big pots I've played have been brutal coolers. There's so much luck involved in tourneys that I'll probably go back to playing cash exclusively after the Golden Sitn n Go promo.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 16, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
This might sound brutal, but the answer to the question "How many suckouts have you had?" is "No one cares". As with all bad beat stories, they only matter to the person experiencing them.

FWIW, I've lost 4 buy-ins in the first 45 hands of a session, and 7 buy-ins in a standard 200 hands in one hour. No one cares how brutal my hands were. Everyone that plays long enough will experience sick downswings. It's best not to dwell on them, and just continue to focus on making good decisions. If you're feeling tilted (I know my blood pressure would be sky high!) then take some time off, whether it's an hour, a day or a week.
If there is such a thing as a downswing, that means that there must be UPSWINGS as well, can't wait for mine to begin.

Old
Mon Jun 17, 2013, 04:29 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar

Here is my graph Arty mentioned.

I bought HEM sometime ago but hardly used it as I got it with Deuces Cracked membership years ago. Recently downloaded to my new PC so not much data.

Data picks up from my play in April 2013.

Deposit 16/4/13 $20.00
Deposit 25/4/13 $20.01

I didn't note when I went from 1 table to 4 then 8 and currently regularly playing 8.

Could that be hurting my all in EV ?

"Can only get in good"
"RIVERED AGAIN !" LOL

Old
Mon Jun 17, 2013, 04:57 AM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Mike

Just try to keep making good decisions. If the suckouts, coolers and bad beats are affecting your game, then you are tilting. I have had a bad run of set over set losses the past week. I actually quit playing Friday because of this. I tilted. The main thing is to make good decisions and not stress too much over the results. Easy to say, but hard to do, I know. Anyway, things do swing both ways. Yesterday for example, I experienced perhaps the biggest suckout, cooler, bad beat I have ever given. I flopped a set vs a villain who had flopped quads. We got all in on the turn and he had me crushed. Guess what card came on the river...
http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...944_E881A15096

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Jun 17, 2013, 05:48 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
WOW !

Quads over Quads

Old
Mon Jun 17, 2013, 01:34 PM
(#13)
Nice hand roland you know hes gonna be talking about that hand for ages lol.

Old
Mon Jun 17, 2013, 05:36 PM
(#14)
The quads over quads is really sick. It's nice to come out on top of that one. I vaguely recall having a similar hand where I had TT vs 77 on T7xT7, but I'm sure I'd remember the exact details if I'd been the loser!

JWK24 told me a of brutal hand he had in a tournament the other night. He had AQ and the flop was AQQ. He bet, villain raised, JWK fist-pump shoved. Villain had AA! That's just disgusting.
The bad beats are much harder to take when there's only one hand combo - of the 1326 that are possible - that beats you.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com