Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Tough spot in micro stake mtt

Old
Tough spot in micro stake mtt - Sun Jun 09, 2013, 09:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
SilverStar
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...047_7CF1F2D545

Can I or should I ever fold here? Villain clearly loves his hand but you see so much bad play at low stakes. Maybe I just underestimate my opponents.

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 10:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
fold pre to avoid crappy spots postflop

as played, just a cooler flop really...hard to give a random opponent credit for solely a set here, QQ/88 unlikely since you hold blockers and would expect raises pre, 66 makes more sense, but at this level people are probably stacking off with worse than top 2 here

idk id probably say the tip to take from this hand is that just because people limp and give you good odds to complete, the crappiness of the hand and the crappiness of being out of position vs 3 people makes it safer to just let it go pre

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 11:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2012
SilverStar
Hi,Thanks for your response. You're right, Certainly what I will look to take from this hand is reducing the range I complete from the small blind with. Did think about a set of sixes especially with the sizes of his raises but just didn't feel like I could rule out him overplaying a Queen big kicker with no reads on his ability. I need a HUD.

Old
Sun Jun 09, 2013, 11:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
It's a fold pre-flop. A lot of players like to complete when there are a few limpers and try to get lucky on the flop. Do you have any reads on the villain? I know some decent players will limp behind with pocket pairs at micro stakes especially in position. When he 5-bets he is obviously in love with his hand if he is a tight player then i'd suspect a set if he is lose then i'd go with 2-pair.

Old
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
fold pre to avoid crappy spots postflop

as played, just a cooler flop really...hard to give a random opponent credit for solely a set here, QQ/88 unlikely since you hold blockers and would expect raises pre, 66 makes more sense, but at this level people are probably stacking off with worse than top 2 here

idk id probably say the tip to take from this hand is that just because people limp and give you good odds to complete, the crappiness of the hand and the crappiness of being out of position vs 3 people makes it safer to just let it go pre
^^ This.

I think leading out on this flop is fine because it's a flop that we are likely to get action on given that we are 4 handed.

I would rather complete a hand like 45s instead of the Q8o. With the Q8o we will quite often flop top pair only to be out kicked.

I would only suggest folding this hand against very good tight aggressive players. There are no flush draw combos that he can be making a play with and I very much doubt that villain would be playing a hand like 97/910 this way so the only hand I am going to be concerned is 66 because we have blockers to 88/QQ and them hands are likely to be raising preflop anyway

Against 90% of micro stake players I think getting it in is best. I wouldn't be surprised to see them stack off with QK/AQ and for the loosey goosey's I see them stacking off with perhaps Q10/QJ 'which is awful'.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com