Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Jun 10, 2013, 01:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
BronzeStar
Hello.
I am interessted in this bankroll build promotion.

Old
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 05:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalRaisin View Post
Hello.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 04:55 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello.
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Is this common in real money games?? - Tue Jun 11, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hello!
I have experienced scenarios like this pretty often now. People go with crazy bets/raises pre/flop with horribly bad hands.
Does this happen alot? should I do it myself?
You can see I got a decent hand. so I raised attempting to get some players to fold. that only resulted in me being the only one folding... lol.
When multiple of them raised eachother my innitial thought was that atleast one of them had the K-K pair A-A or Q-Q.
Meanwhile winner had 9 - 4 offsuit..

PS: I passed the poker quiz test with 100%

Last edited by RoyalRaisin; Tue Jun 11, 2013 at 05:51 PM..

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 06:14 PM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 08:18 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi RoyalRaisin!

The first tip that I would have for you is that whenever sitting down at a ring game, always wait for the BB to start playing. Paying extra blinds over and over will be a HUGE drain to a player's bankroll.

With A7o from mid position, I get 4 limps in front of me (yes, posting counts as a limp). I'm going to check here and hope that I can see the flop for free, as I do not have anywhere near a strong enough hand to call a raise. When there are raises after, I need to muck. I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I have the best hand, not when I'm most likely behind or dominated.

When players want to go crazy with their bets and playing bad cards, the way to combat this is to play much tighter and to only value bet. Don't ever bluff. I want to only play premium, made hands and when I get one, I want to be making standard value bets whenever I think I'm ahead.
Every hand can get lucky, but instead of trying to play bingo with this type of player, I want to be smart about it and to get my chips in good as often as possible.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 01:07 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Hello JWK.
Thank you for your advice. I will take this into serious consideration

Last edited by RoyalRaisin; Wed Jun 12, 2013 at 01:21 AM..

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 06:00 AM
(#8)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
PS: I passed the poker quiz test with 100%
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Chips - Wed Jun 12, 2013, 03:30 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I have started on Step 2 but I have not recieved my 2$ yet. I looked around and most people got them withinn 1-4 hours of the mail. its been 10 hours here. maybe you forgot to send. I know it says give it 24 hours but im just impatient ^^

RoyalRaisin

Old
1. Movie - Thu Jun 13, 2013, 05:40 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar

How would you say I played this hand? Even though I won it with "luck" on the river. I knew he didnt have the Jack once he bet 0.02. Obviously that was a bet to attempt to easily steal the pot. He might of had a lower pair though wich would of beaten me untill the river.

Well played/bad play ?

Old
3 Reasons for betting - Thu Jun 13, 2013, 05:43 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
1. To put pressure on opponents
2. Get value of your hand
3. Make people with draws fold

Edit: I have not completed the cash game quiz yet.

Last edited by RoyalRaisin; Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 06:16 AM..

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 04:27 PM
(#13)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi RoyalRaisin! It's funny to see 2 people are raising Royals in this thread, hehe! I'll take a look at the hand in post #10.

You have Q3s in earlyish position, and my recommended play would be to just fold. Open-limping (calling the blind) is a weak play, because it gives opponents a very cheap price to see if they can hit the flop. The big blind can even check his option and see a flop for free, and you don't want that, because you'll miss the flop about 70% of the time. If a hand is not good enough to raise with, it's best to fold.
As played, you limp and the BB checks his option. He can literally have any two cards, but I doubt he has a monster, as he'd raise with that.
The flop comes JJ6. This is a dry flop that is hard to connect with. When the BB checks, I'd usually bet in position here, expecting to win the pot with my queen high. You check behind and the turn brings a 9. Villain minbets and the best play here is to fold. You only have 3 outs to top pair, but villain might even have trip jacks, meaning you're drawing dead. Don't get suckered in by the cheap price. It's not +EV (profitable in the long run) to call here with just queen high. As played you call and the river brings a queen. Villain minbets again. His most likely hand is 9x or ace high, as I think he'd bet more with trips, two pairs or a straight. You decided to raise here, and that's a mistake. Villain is likely to be very weak here. He might even be bluffing with total air. Weak hands and bluffs will not be calling a raise. The only hands that call a raise will be hands that beat top pair weak kicker. The right play is to just call to see if you have the best hand. Villain folds, so it's clear you had him beat. When making bets and raises, we're generally trying to get called by worse. We bet/raise for value. If no worse hands can call, then it's pointless raising.
In future, be more careful with your pre-flop hand selection, be inclined to come in for a raise with your strong hands, and don't call post-flop bets if you have very few outs.

To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 07:42 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Great!

Let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz and we'll continue on from there

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Cash game - Fri Jun 14, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
I have failed this quiz 6 times so far, so it seems this will take a while.

Royal

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com