Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Would you have folded this hand on flop?

Old
Default
Would you have folded this hand on flop? - Mon Jun 10, 2013, 06:47 PM
(#1)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Playing the $1.50 ko 90 man when i get AA in my hand... The flop was not good for me. Would you call or fold there?

 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 06:58 PM
(#2)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
As he was on bb and been playing a bit loose i thought he could have had a 6 there, but still didnt believe that he had that and called his allin.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 07:06 PM
(#3)
bhoylegend's Avatar
Since: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,261
What's the 5.73x pre-flop raise size all about? If it is because you think people will call and are going for value straight away then I guess I get it.

The flop wouldn't worry me too much. If this is early (Only one empty seat so guessing it is early to mid stages, by chip stacks too) on then there are more than enough idiots around that go with a hand when they hit any part of the flop. To be behind at this point he either has to have a six or TT.

I'm not laying down AA to a donk bet or the overbet shove. His action looked weak.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 07:08 PM
(#4)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Not me. A10,even K10 makes much more sense than any hand involving a 6,especially considering the villain's action after the flop. Just screams of a TP/TK play. Seeing as you're blocking half the aces second pair/second kicker is likelier still. Hell in a $1.50 KO you'll see tons of QT and JT's turned over here too,I would expect.

1010 would be my main fear. If they have it,they have it.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 07:14 PM
(#5)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
But as a loose player he could sit with a 6 on that spot...

I like to raise bigger preflop in these sng's specially when they calling with hands like mentioned above.

Still in the game 1st of 17 left.

ps. i have my own raising style, i like

Last edited by RaBBiiTGiiRL; Mon Jun 10, 2013 at 07:23 PM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 07:30 PM
(#6)
ChewMe1's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Hi RabbiitGiirl

I don't like your raise sizing preflop however if we feel like we are going to get action from a loose player then it's not so bad. I recommend making it 2.5 or 3x in future, doing thi will give us a better chance of getting action.

I don't think villain would lead out with if he had a 6 in his hand very often at all, that and the fact that we have created such a big pot due to our pre flop raise sizing, we have to go with the hand.
Loose players show up with 10x a ton of the time and sometimes even pairs like 7's and 8's!
I think that the typical fish would be more inclined to call your bet rather than reraise it all in if he is on a flush draw.
I'm getting this in all the time, nice hand.

Cheers, Chris.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#7)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
His small bet on flop and then the reraise he made what got me thinking that he could had the 6. But in other cases ive been hit back with these kind of hands, and been killed with my aces.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 07:47 PM
(#8)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaBBiiTGiiRL View Post
But as a loose player he could sit with a 6 on that spot...

I like to raise bigger preflop in these sng's specially when they calling with hands like mentioned above.

Still in the game 1st of 17 left.

ps. i have my own raising style, i like
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaBBiiTGiiRL View Post
His small bet on flop and then the reraise he made what got me thinking that he could had the 6. But in other cases ive been hit back with these kind of hands, and been killed with my aces.

Yeah,a loose player COULD have a 6 here and then take this line post flop.

But there are many more hands that a loose player could take this line with that are good for us than bad. And if we start thinking they always have the hand we least want to see then we're falling into "paralysis through OVER analysis".

My take on it anyways.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 08:01 PM
(#9)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Yeah,a loose player COULD have a 6 here and then take this line post flop.

But there are many more hands that a loose player could take this line with that are good for us than bad. And if we start thinking they always have the hand we least want to see then we're falling into "paralysis through OVER analysis".

My take on it anyways.
When losing with any 2 hands on a downswing you start to think the worst possible lol

I keep playing my game/play on a downswing but after a while the confidence is low that you get scared to play your hand and think the worst

Anyways i would never fold the Aces in that pos.

Still in the game, 1/9 left, 6 bountys, hope to make first.
 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
(#10)
Moxie Pip's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaBBiiTGiiRL View Post
When losing with any 2 hands on a downswing you start to think the worst possible lol

I keep playing my game/play on a downswing but after a while the confidence is low that you get scared to play your hand and think the worst

Anyways i would never fold the Aces in that pos.

Still in the game, 1/9 left, 6 bountys, hope to make first.

Totally understand. Been there,done that,got the t-shirt.

Try to remember: results can and will fluctuate,making good decisions shouldn't. It's when we let results shade our decision making process that results REALLY begin to fluctuate (and not for the better...).

GL,GL in the game. Take it down!!!
 
Old
Default
Mon Jun 10, 2013, 08:31 PM
(#11)
RaBBiiTGiiRL's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Totally understand. Been there,done that,got the t-shirt.

Try to remember: results can and will fluctuate,making good decisions shouldn't. It's when we let results shade our decision making process that results REALLY begin to fluctuate (and not for the better...).

GL,GL in the game. Take it down!!!
Thanks Moxie Will do my best, even if i feel i just wanna lay my head down on my nice, soft pillow LOL
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com