Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5Nl 6--max KK

Old
5Nl 6--max KK - Mon Jun 10, 2013, 06:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, the villain is playing 36/32/12, fold to 3B after raising 0/2.Over 28 hands.
Should I check call the flop ? the villain range is wide, and the flop is scary but 99+ would certainly call a bet here.
Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 06:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
i like your line pre and on the flop but i would personaly bet the turn again and fold to a raise. i would be to suprised if he thinks he has nothing and can bareel you of or even if he has a 7.
btw its defenitly a board where i would cbet for protection and vallue you dont want to give him free cards on these kind of boards.
btw this is just my oppinion im no 6 max wizzard :P

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 09:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

I don't really like bet/folding the turn here because this villain has been so LAGgy thus far, and this is a great board to bluff raise us on. I'm not sure I want to bet/call for stacks either. When I'm up against an aggressive/LAGgy player, on a board that is bad for my range, and ripe for bluffing, and have a hand strength that can beat all bluffs, I generally like to induce him to bluff. Yes 99+ will call a bet, but it will probably bet for you if you check. So will A5, A7, etc.

I don't really like check-folding the turn here, it's too exploitable and takes this guys biggest mistake of aggressing too light and bluffing and makes it a correct play. You can bet/fold or bet/call depending on how light you think he'll raise you, but vs. this villain type it may be more profitable to check/call and induce with a board texture like this.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 08:30 AM
(#4)
Hi Dave, but if we decide to check call the turn what we do on a big river bet ? just fold after putting a considerable size of our stack on the pot ?

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
If we are inducing a bluff then we are generally calling.

If you think the villain is only going to fire 1 bullet and give up, then you can check/fold the river. If he's the type who can't help himself, then check/call. If you think he won't bluff (probably not the sake with this particular villain, but just for an over all picture) then bet/fold the turn is fine.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 12:50 PM
(#6)
But what would be a standard line here for a 5NL Zoom, because the hand sample doesn't tell much about the villain. All wecan do is belive he's more inclined to be LAG, but we are not sure. What cen we do here without reads against a unkown player ?

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 04:35 PM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
The average weak players mistake is calling to often, so against a totally unknown random at 5nl I would lean towards bet/folding.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com