Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max KK on SB

Old
5NL 6-max KK on SB - Mon Jun 10, 2013, 06:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is playing 23/19/6, fold to steal 100% (6/6) and AF 3. Over just 48 hands.
How did I play this hand ?
His river bet is strong, but he coudkldo this with worst hands, especially in a blind vs blind battle. The river is a clear check fold ?

thanks

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 06:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
heey fp i think you played the hand well. when i was watching the hand i was thinking he had jj or 10-10 just really unlucky he had a set here but i dont think you can ever fold kk on that board

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by adohole View Post
i dont think you can ever fold kk on that board
I think you can, min raise turn wreaks of strength (Baluga?). We have a pair, what hands can he raise on this dry of a board that we're ahead of? (ironically the texture of the board would make me even more inclined to fold since he so rarely has a draw). Villain has 25 bucks in stack so is likely not a fish, do you think he's raising the turn with a9s/TT for value? I doubt it. edit: JJ 3bs pre, ditto QQ, I know it's hard to fold the kings on what looks like a good board but unless you know this guy is a pure lunatic who min raises turns with air after floating dry flops, it's a fold. (Maybe that's my inner nit talking) :P

Last edited by AceKingBlows; Tue Jun 11, 2013 at 11:21 AM..

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 07:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
The problem with Baluga is that I was folding every one paired hadn to a turn raise, which was weak as well.
the villain could raise the turn with TT or JJ since a lot of overcards could hit the river and make him fold, so min-raising and folding to 3B here is better for him than calling the turn and call a bigger river bet. I don't think I can fold ehre with his stacks, rarely folding to steal ( especially in position) and playing quite LAG. Any thoughts ?

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 10:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi all,

The problem with the TT/JJ theory is this would be a strange way to play these holdings... the reasons you assign him for raising the turn with TT/JJ, would also be valid reasons on the flop, and even more so as calling your flop bet rather than raising lets your worse hands have a free turn to beat him. So we're assuming that he 1) chose not to 3b with TT/JJ preflop blind vs. blind, 2) chose to flat call the flop c-bet, and 3) chose to raise the turn. This seems like a fairly long shot parlay imo.

I think Baluga applies here, bet/fold is probably the way to go. The min-raise screams strength (not really a "protection" raise anyway as well).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 10:45 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp_boss77 View Post
The problem with Baluga is that I was folding every one paired hadn to a turn raise, which was weak as well.
Keep in mind this sequence has to happen an awful lot, and they be paying attention, for people to start making moves on you. Remember they don't know what you folded. If you folded an overpair to a turn raise 3 times in the past half hour, it probably feels really weak internally, but as far as they know you just had ace high or a miss, and won't even notice in all likelihood.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com