Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

The One Where Hellmuth Runs It Four Times

View Poll Results: Funny or what! Or do you feel a little of Phil's pain here?
This was the funniest thing I ever have seen. 12 75.00%
I feel sorry for Phil here. 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old
The One Where Hellmuth Runs It Four Times - Tue Jun 11, 2013, 05:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

In the build-up the the 100 Billionth Hand been dealt at PokerStars they have released a series of 'Greatest Hands' on their You Tube channel.

This one features Phil Hellmuth and is one of the strangest ever, what do you think of the hand? But is it one of the greatest ever? You can vote above just for fun or check out the 'ZOOM & BOOM' promotion.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 06:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
No one feels sorry for Phil he's just a sook

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 06:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Already voted for this one.

I dont hate or love Phil but I think he got what he deserved here for the slow roll.

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 07:56 AM
(#4)
Since: May 2013
I didn't vote for this one but it still cracks me up... the look of disgust on phils face is just so funny even though he brought it on himself.

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 11:37 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2012
I have mixed feelings about that one. It is very funny and I can feel Phil's pain. Judging by interviews I have seen Phil is not a bad guy away from the felt, he just plays with a lot of passion and tilts easily. For some reason he shows a certain amount of immaturity when playing poker. That is why TV producers love him.

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 12:11 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Haha awesome clip. I think Hellmuth didn't understand why everyone was rooting for the loose cannon. At least not during the hand. Looked like he was taking it personally LOL.

Serious question: Where is the slow roll? His all-in was called and 1 second later he says trip nines then flips??? Was the issue that he didn't instantly shove all-in? Might as well hand his cards over to the loose cannon for inspection. Hellmuth doesn't have the nuts so he is allowed a few moments to think over an all-in move before he makes it in my opinion. What am I missing here?

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 01:10 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
I think the general consensus was just that the cannon was committed and Phil took unnecessarily long, he knew he had the best hand and the cannon was obviously snapping (which he did). Epic hand, I love Hellmuth but he def got some just desserts here

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 01:54 PM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2011
Great entertainment, but not greatest TV hand in my opinion.
Wiggins is the kind of cocky but awful player you would welcome to any game, yet because of classic Helmuthian behaviour the poker gods still favour the fish.

Given it is in the top 3 I wouldn't be surprised if this is the one picked for Zoom and Boom.

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 02:43 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceKingBlows View Post
I think the general consensus was just that the cannon was committed and Phil took unnecessarily long, he knew he had the best hand and the cannon was obviously snapping (which he did). Epic hand, I love Hellmuth but he def got some just desserts here
Didn't notice the cannon was committed to the point that neither player is ever folding. I see the problem with his play now.

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Very Generous of Phil to allow Wiggins to run it 4 times. ( The good side of Phil showing )

Old
Tue Jun 11, 2013, 05:14 PM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2011
Love this hand!

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 03:16 PM
(#12)
Since: May 2013
It's a nice hand but not really "the greatest"

Personally I don't like Phil at all because of his way of acting. He seem's like a nice guy away from the table but at the table.... He's not emotional, he's simply mean.

While it was nice of Phil to suggest to run it four times he didn't look particular nice or filled with compassion when he made the suggestion. Paranoid me is thinking he did it to gloat, being clearly ahead.

He's an exceptional player, when he doesn't implode, which makes it even sadder. He should be someone you cheered for, someone you wanted to win but but

I even watched him try and take back his All-In after he lost (on youtube).... enough said

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 04:02 AM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
I think I am on Phil's side on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUA5S1Ojf28

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 10:52 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post
I think I am on Phil's side on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUA5S1Ojf28
Oh man... couldn't even watch the whole thing. Can't take the constant babbling noises of Hellmuth and Tony G. It's like some sort of hideous and bizarre mating song.

People lie all the time about their hands. Sad how Tony G. can't understand the distinction between that and what he did. Just because you don't technically break any rules does not make it OK. It's television so I don't really want to judge people for how they act, but wow...

Phil can only blame himself though. Tony G. did make one good point, Phil is a pro and he should have known if Tony had looked at his cards or not. I can understand why Phil believed Tony. It is hard for normal/mentally healthy people to understand how someone could stoop that low.

Old
re post - Sun Jun 30, 2013, 07:32 AM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2011
never trust a poker player we all bluff (white lie) ,if cards were never invented most of the pros would be prime candidates to run a country

Old
Sun Jun 30, 2013, 08:57 AM
(#16)
Since: Sep 2010
ugh Tony G might be right about the pro thing but i also agree this is bad etiquette,
Tony G became a big old hypocrite in my eyes, and used to hate Phil but i wonder why people think he is mean dont confuse mean with arrogance.

don't beg for things do it yourself or else you won't get anything

Old
re post - Mon Jul 01, 2013, 08:01 AM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2011
im guessing this is the incident that sparked a triathlon event between hellmuth and tony g off the felt

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com