Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max AA deepstack

Old
5NL 6-max AA deepstack - Wed Jun 12, 2013, 02:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Man, when I got that pair of Aces deep stack I knew I'd have trouble lol.
Help me here playing AA deepstack, I'm not used to it.
I only had 7 hands on the player 29/14/20.
Help me here with the range, he could have sets but also TT-QQ. I don't many FD since I'm holding the Ac.
Sad folding AA there lol.

Thanks

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

It's certainly though being almost readless and deep stacked. I'm not prepared to fold the flop however. This is a board that doesn't hit your 3b range well so we might get moved on without hands other than sets.

If we raise again we are committed, but that may not be the best route as any "moves" he's making can easily get away from a flop 3b, and if he's got any clue he can even get away from hands like JJ to it. My preference is to call, and re-evaluate on the turn. When I say re-evaluate it will depend on what the turn card is and his action (does he bet, and what sizing). For instance if the turn pairs the 2 or a small club comes, I'm not folding, as QQ-TT would all reasonably barrel a 2 turn, and we pick up flush equity if it's a club. If for example, the turn is the Kh, and he comes out with a big bet, I would be comfortable folding now. That should be a scary card to the hands we were beating, and if he's not scared it's much less likely we're good.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 03:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
3:1 to call, you have position, 2 outs to the nuts, backdoor nut flush draw, could be way ahead or way behind on the flop. Definitely call the flop raise here and re-evaluate on the turn.

I do tend to give unknown player's raises more respect to be on the cautious side, but you have too much going for you to give up so easily on the flop.

Last edited by RockerguyAA; Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 03:19 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com