Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

cheating accusation

Old
cheating accusation - Wed Jun 12, 2013, 05:05 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
i must say that in the years ive been playing on stars, that i have never been accused of cheating before tonight.
the hand i was accused of in tonights game i had AA bare i think and was pretty short it was checked down and A hit river making me the nut boat and i hit check button, then realised what i had done and typed chit in chat box.
then accusations started from b$gsl$ck2001, first he accused all uk players of collusion at table and reported us to stars after quite a long time of accusations he mellowed a bit and said that maybe XX wasnt colluding if he didnt know me, well im sorry to say slick i didnt know anyone at table..
then he finally said he could be wrong and he hadnt contacted stars, but said i was a dumb ass kid, lol nice to be called a kid at my age.
i thought this was supposed to be friendly forum, been accused of cheating disgusts me.
i came very close to quitting PSO after tonights game..
why for gods sake would i check nuts while shortstacked.

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 07:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
aye,i know what you mean about hitting the wrong button,i've done it a couple of times once in an mtt i was in a huge pot and i rivered the nut straight well my oppo bet and i went to raise and hit the bloody fold button
crippled me it did and out i went in the next hand.as for the collusion i would just ignore them or laugh at them.

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 08:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti5ive View Post
i must say that in the years ive been playing on stars, that i have never been accused of cheating before tonight.
the hand i was accused of in tonights game i had AA bare i think and was pretty short it was checked down and A hit river making me the nut boat and i hit check button, then realised what i had done and typed chit in chat box.
then accusations started from b$gsl$ck2001, first he accused all uk players of collusion at table and reported us to stars after quite a long time of accusations he mellowed a bit and said that maybe XX wasnt colluding if he didnt know me, well im sorry to say slick i didnt know anyone at table..
then he finally said he could be wrong and he hadnt contacted stars, but said i was a dumb ass kid, lol nice to be called a kid at my age.
i thought this was supposed to be friendly forum, been accused of cheating disgusts me.
i came very close to quitting PSO after tonights game..
why for gods sake would i check nuts while shortstacked.
99% of the players are Friendly and it might be that you on a bad day, I would just chalk it up and maybe block this players chat.
I hope you next experiences at PSO ganmes are more positive, in fact come alone and play the stud game starting in 8 minutes see you there

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 09:08 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
If you have the nuts on the river, you cannot check. You have to bet, either on a prevous street or the river. Not doing so will get you a penalty or expulsion from any card room.

John (JEK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 09:55 PM
(#5)
Although checking the nuts on the river isn't my normal line, if I had been check calling an aggro with position then going for a check raise on the river shouldn't get one a penalty. Although I'd prefer a blocking bet hoping to be raised. This is deep money play obviously.

Old
Wed Jun 12, 2013, 11:28 PM
(#6)
Think it's important to clarify, for newer players, that there is nothing wrong with going for a check raise on the river with the nuts as Joe says, it's standard play. A penalty or possible expulsion from any card room will only happen if you are last to act and check behind with the nuts. This is what can perceived as collusion or soft play. I'm sure this is what John meant. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. DC.

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 10:35 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
You guys are right, checking the nuts *last to act* on the river is a penalty in a live tournament. The rule is there because in most cases that this is done it's a soft play against a friend, not wanting to take your buddy's chips, but that is a form of collusion and it impacts everyone else in the tournament. It is innocent sometimes, like when the player doesn't realize this is considered collusion or when they misread their hand, but it's a penalty none the less. It's never a penalty to check the nuts if you're not last to act, since you can realistically be going for a check-raise.

Also, minor point, but AA in holdem making a full house can never the nuts.

Good advice to the OP to just let it roll off your shoulders. It's hard with such a serious accusation but it would never be something to quit PSO over. We've had all kinds come through here. Some angry, miserable people, some not right in the head, it's like any place with a large group, you get all kinds, but for the most part PSOers are by and large a great group of people. This player may be cool most of the time and just was on tilt when this happened. Who knows. Sounds like he did calm down so I'd guess that's all it was, tilt (we've all been there). But the bottom line is don't walk away from the apple tree because of a few bad apples. Every tree has some, but mostly is filled with the good stuff.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM..

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 10:55 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Agree with others about not worrying about it. People can get really emotional at the poker table and overreact sometimes. That guy did have legitimate reason for red flags to be going off in his head regarding soft-play/collusion, but obviously he handled the situation very poorly.

If people are being unpleasant in the chat just ignore them. It's just a bunch of 0's and 1's forming characters on your computer screen. They have no power over you.

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 11:03 AM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
Agree with others about not worrying about it. People can get really emotional at the poker table and overreact sometimes. That guy did have legitimate reason for red flags to be going off in his head regarding soft-play/collusion, but obviously he handled the situation very poorly.

If people are being unpleasant in the chat just ignore them. It's just a bunch of 0's and 1's forming characters on your computer screen. They have no power over you.
+++++1

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 06:43 PM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2010
just to add btw, seeing as it was a paired board wasnt i beat by quads so actually not having the nuts anyway, omaha is a funny old game..
and thanks for all replies.

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 07:50 PM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
If you have the nuts on the river, you cannot check. You have to bet, either on a prevous street or the river. Not doing so will get you a penalty or expulsion from any card room.

John (JEK24)
im assuming this was a joke found it very amusing thanks

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 07:53 PM
(#12)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prohorse3 View Post
im assuming this was a joke found it very amusing thanks
If you are last to act, this is NOT a joke.. it's soft play, IS collusion.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 11:05 PM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
darvin moon penalized at wsop me for checking river nuts. told his opponent he just wanted too see what he had called with.darvin was called on the play by another player at the table, and was penalized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabNxpdtmLw

Last edited by justletme142; Thu Jun 20, 2013 at 11:51 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 02:48 AM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
If you are last to act, this is NOT a joke.. it's soft play, IS collusion.

John (JWK24)
LOL i never knew this but what a sad rule i was thiking about if it was a joke or not so in a tournament game perhaps 6-9 max you cannot check the nuts, if your last to act to throw off your opponents game this would in my eyes be very legit for an experienced pokerplayer.

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 03:09 AM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2012
Seems like it would be sheer idiocy for an experienced poker player to check back the nuts.

There is no good reason to do it. Your opponents will think you are a ****** if you do it on purpose or by accident. The latest EPT Barcelona episode showed it happening on the final table. Mikalai Pobal was forced to sit out an orbit when three handed. The other players just laughed at him.

I'm talking about on the river here of course.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Fri Jun 21, 2013 at 03:16 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 03:24 AM
(#16)
Yet didnt he go on to win it 3 handed?

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 03:58 AM
(#17)
No,he won it heads up against an inebriated opponent.

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 04:43 AM
(#18)
no idea what inebriated means but i think my point is legit :p i understand that there is such a rule just think its really silly xD

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 05:10 AM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prohorse3 View Post
no idea what inebriated means but i think my point is legit :p i understand that there is such a rule just think its really silly xD
It means his opponent was drunk. He'd been drinking vodka and orange.

If you think there is any legitimate reason for checking back the nuts on the river then I just can't agree. You don't know when you will be in that position again where you could injure your opponent by making him make what you know would be an -EV play. And, it really does smack of collusion at times, which does go on to a large extent even at lowes levels of poker.

It's staggering how well people who join poker groups start doing when they pool their knowledge and gameplay together.

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 06:17 AM
(#20)
i hope you got a link for me of that river check with the nuts would be fun to watch

i understand you can not agree with my statement im pretty open minded myself and i do believe that there can be profit made with last to act river checking the nuts (off course not every single time)

btw im wondering everytime i see someone last to act river checking with nuts i can report them and they will be penalized?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com