Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl Zoom, OESD on 2 tone turn, should I barrel?

Old
5nl Zoom, OESD on 2 tone turn, should I barrel? - Thu Jun 13, 2013, 10:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
43/13 over 33 hands, agression factors 0.5/1/1 (F/T/R)
Is it a mistake to fire a second barrel here? I put him on flash draw, any ace with a gutshot, 22/55/77 maybe, any queen, any 3 or 4(with backdoors), so when the 3rd flush card came I decided to get him of everything but the flush draw

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 12:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
BronzeStar
I don't really like this iso raise, villain is not deep enough to make it profitable with a hand like 56s (it's not an iso raise i would be makng anyway, generally speaking, unless i had a stone read on the guy folding way too often). Flop cbet is too big imo on what is a pretty damn dry flop, if he missed he's probably folding anyway. Not a huge fan of your logic on turn, he's probably going to felt with any queen unless a 4th club peels off (plus may have a hand like QJ /w Jc and just stack it off anyway), obviously never folding a flush, maybe not folding any pair. We (possibly) pick up some showdown value/extra equity vs his range i don't want to inflate this pot any further with our marginal hand. In my experience shorties like this tend to get sticky when they catch a piece so bluffing him off basically anything he holds that's connected with the board is optimistic to say the least! :P

Last edited by AceKingBlows; Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM..

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 01:22 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Pray,

I agree with AKB, this is not a spot to be iso-raising with small suited connectors, vs. a short stacking loose-passive guy. We want to iso here with cards that make big 1 pair hands mostly, like KJ, we hit a J and this guy stacks off J9.

Also agree on the c-bet sizing, if he doesn't have a Q or clubs he doesn't have much to call with, we can bet smaller here. As played, take a free card on the turn all the time. He calls this big fop bet, either the 6c got him there or if it didn't he's not folding his pair (Qx, 88, etc).

Your plan to get him off hands is targeted against the wrong player type. This is the type to value bet hard and take free cards when you don't have the best hand now but have equity. You'll go mad trying to get loose-passive players to fold top pair.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 02:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2012
By far I was isolating everyone with my whole opening range. About time to plug that, thx

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com