Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Request for graphical analysis and comparison.

Old
Request for graphical analysis and comparison. - Thu Jun 13, 2013, 12:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
Here is a graph of my current run at 2nl, across 30k hands, starting with a $10 buy in. I was wondering how this compares to other microstakes players, and if I can get some analysis of my apparently TAG style of play?

Bigger version.

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 03:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Looks exactly how I'd expect a winning TAG player's graph to look like at 2NL. Doing well actually.

Maybe running a little lucky at the moment. Expect 'C All-In Adj' to generally be higher than "C Won" since you will often be getting the money in when your way ahead at 2NL and rarely any other time. That gives you minimum chances to 'suck-out' on opponents while they will be trying to get lucky against you almost constantly. Nothing to worry about though, either way you would have great results so far.

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 05:12 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi Danny! Your graph looks very similar to my 2NL graph.

If you can post positional stats similar to the ones I posted HERE, I'll be happy to take a quick look to see if there are any obvious ways to improve your numbers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 06:24 PM
(#4)
Here are my positional stats. Very much in the red from the BB, but that's to be expected!

Bigger version.

Also, looking at your stats and mine, Arty, it's strange that my losses at non-showdown are almost equal to my total profits. Perhaps there is something to gauge from that....

Last edited by dannyb198888; Thu Jun 13, 2013 at 06:30 PM..

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 06:52 PM
(#5)
My first link was a FR graph, but you're evidently playing 6-max, where the redline shouldn't be going down quite so rapidly. Your positional stats are good, although a little looser than mine, I think. (What is your overall VPIP/PFR?). You might be able to improve your redline by 3-betting more often pre-flop, or perhaps by being a little tighter in the blinds, as calling OOP quite often and then check-folding the flop is a bit of a leak.
Post-flop you're somewhat more aggressive than average, but it doesn't appear to be a major problem, as you're still getting to showdown with the best hand the majority of the time.
I think you'll do fine at 5NL, as players are slightly tighter there, so you'll be running all over them with your semi-loose aggressive style. Maybe I'll see you there, as I'm moving to 5NL 6-max shortly. Good luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#6)
My stats are 22/17, which I think are a bit high, but I think that's a reflection of 6-max play. I believe they would be lower at FR. My overall 3-bet is 3.72%, which may be a bit low, perhaps it should be closer to 5% or so?

Hopefully I don't run into you too often at 5nl, I need the weaker players to bring up my bankroll!

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 07:38 PM
(#7)
22/17 with a 3-bet of 3.72% is fine for 2NL 6-max, but a little loose, as I said. You might want to tighten up your UTG range as well as the blinds.

For reference, I played 19/15 and 4.1% at 2NL 6-max and won at 21bb/100.
Roland GTX crushed for about 29bb/100 playing something like 17/14 and 5% 3-bet.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 13, 2013, 07:54 PM
(#8)
Ah nice stats, I definitely have some leaks I need to plug, I'm on 11 BB/100 at the moment.

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 07:46 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2013
Yeah danny i think you played a load more hands than they did though so 10bb over that amount of hands is sweet im running 9bb/100 over 100k plus hands at 2nl and thats with playing like a total fish to begin with.

I would like to play abit looser myself you look like your running really well with that vpip at 2nl.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com