Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Links to PS website

Old
Links to PS website - Fri Jun 14, 2013, 12:34 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
When I click a link to any pokerstars page I get redirected to the pokerstars.se front page. I simply can't access any of the other domains (except .eu) which I think is really bad because it screws up every and any link from the forum or the client itself. I understand that there's a reason you get redirected, probably because you shouldn't download the .com client and whatnot, but wouldn't it be easier to just restrict the actual download instead of the entire domain? Even weirder is that links from the .eu client don't link to the .eu domain (probably), instead I get sent to the .se front page again. This makes it so fiddly to take part in discussions and promotions. Any fix for this?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 05:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hey Fesk,

All of the links that are posted at PSO are, or should be, links to the pokerstars.com main website.

I do understand that these links will not open up for everyone, in your case for example you get redirected.

The easy fix is to replace the '.com' in the URL address bar with '.eu' instead and this should open up the relevant page for you.

If it's a case where the redirect changes the URL address completely please let us know that you need the link, either by replying to the thread in question, or by sending me a PM and I'll get the .eu link to you

Cheers,

Rasier

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 10:22 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hey Fesk,

All of the links that are posted at PSO are, or should be, links to the pokerstars.com main website.

I do understand that these links will not open up for everyone, in your case for example you get redirected.

The easy fix is to replace the '.com' in the URL address bar with '.eu' instead and this should open up the relevant page for you.

If it's a case where the redirect changes the URL address completely please let us know that you need the link, either by replying to the thread in question, or by sending me a PM and I'll get the .eu link to you

Cheers,

Rasier

Hi Raiser,

Yes, this is what I've been doing. I can't do that with links from, say, the client and other places where I don't actually see the link. I can't check it in the browser or the browser history either, so a lot of the times I'll have to manually find my way to what I'm looking for. I really don't get the point of forced redirections. All in all it's a minor inconvenience but it's still an unnecessery one.

Old
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 11:20 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feskprins View Post
Hi Raiser,
I really don't get the point of forced redirections.
Yeah, we don't have any control over links from the client, only those published here at PSO.

If you need a .EU link to any promotion though please drop a request into the PokerStars Support section at any time and we'll do our very best to find this link for you

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com