Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AA

Old
AA - Sat Jun 15, 2013, 01:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

What do you put villain on here, with his betting line here i just think im beat by 99 here what do you guys think?

Old
Sat Jun 15, 2013, 08:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi mike,

I think V5 on the flop has JJ/TT/88/77 a ton. It's pretty rare that people play a flopped set this way, donking out into the preflop 3-bettor for a large lead bet. Most would check-raise us now or on the turn. The other possibility is that he's got just overcards and is taking a stab in case you have AK... something like AQ, KQ, AJ. I think his range is pretty squarely in that region of pairs and big cards. I would definitely be willing to raise and get it in.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 16, 2013, 06:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
I look at donk bets as showing strength there looks like im wrong but when he barrels the turn the Q doesn't scare him so i was thinking either he has a set or AQ KQ, So i decided to just ship it and pray lol.

These are the sort of hands i find very hard to play, So would you donk bet that flop OOP with JJ in a 3bet pot on that flop?

How would you play his hand there im just curios because i would fold AQ utg+1 to a 3bet but if i did continue because the 3 better bets alot i think i would be check/folding that flop.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com