Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 ZOOM: TJs, flopped flush draw,gut, TP , semi wet board, push good?

Old
NL2 ZOOM: TJs, flopped flush draw,gut, TP , semi wet board, push good? - Sat Jun 15, 2013, 02:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain is regular VPIP=27, PRF=17, AF=inf, WWSF=50, 12 hands, no reads

Question: Was my push OK? Is my hand range guessing OK? If it was ok, could I have done the same with draw and gut only?
I would guess his range is 77,TT, 88, KK,AA,QQ, 9T,9J,any reasonable flush draw – I’m 52% favorite.
However, if he only has sets I have 38% - not really too bad.

Board: Th8s7s
Equity Win Tie
CO 46.16% 44.43% 1.73% { QQ+, TT, 88-77, J9s, T9s, AsKs, AsQs, KsQs, AsJs, KsJs, QsJs, AsTs, KsTs, QsTs, JsTs, As9s, As8s, 9d8d, As7s, J9o, T9o }
SB 53.84% 52.11% 1.73% { JsTs }

Last edited by braveslice; Sat Jun 15, 2013 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: Wrong suite selected

Old
Sat Jun 15, 2013, 08:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi brave,

I think 3b shoving is fine, but you didn't shove, you raised to $1 and left half your stack behind. With .76 already out there and a villain probably not folding, I like shoving directly here instead of $1 to go. I think his range does include the big spade draws and overpairs, and we are an equity favorite against all that even if we give him the sets there as well. So it's win-win for us shoving basically. If they both fold we win the .76c pot now which is a fine result, and when called we are an equity favorite vs. his calling range for stacks, another fine result.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 16, 2013, 12:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Roger. I have fear against going all in if you have room to raise. It comes from free flash poker tables where you were considered moron if you go AI.

Old
Mon Jun 17, 2013, 11:15 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveslice View Post
Roger. I have fear against going all in if you have room to raise. It comes from free flash poker tables where you were considered moron if you go AI.
Don't worry about what others at the table think... focus on making good decisions. If you shove here and they think you're a moron, that's great, it means they don't understand the EV of the situation.

There's been many times when I've made a play that I'm certain was +EV, and been labeled a moron, fish, or idiot by someone (usually who's chips I'm stacking) because they didn't have the knowledge or experience to understand they play. That's ok. There's also been times where I've done something that was moronic, fishy, or idiotic too (we all make mistakes) and have been duly labeled for it. That's ok too. Maybe I can at least make some lemonade out of that lemon and exploit the image later.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 11:56 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com