Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

77 preimier league

Old
77 preimier league - Sun Jun 16, 2013, 03:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

Is this a shove?

Im card dead yet again with a vpip of 7 (LOL) my fold to steal is 100 and this guy opens the button/sb 100% in this spot ive got a short stack and ive just been dealt my best hand all game and i decide to get it in.

These mtts are pretty annoying i dont just sit around waiting for premium hands and im never spewing chips getting speculative i play late position i find all the folders and i punish them for being loose pre flop.

The trouble is if i dont get a opportunity to punish these players weakness i cant do a dam thing, so what am i supposed to do.

Last edited by mike2198; Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 01:50 PM..

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 09:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi mike2198!

In a cash tourney, I'm shoving this in a heartbeat... but NOT in a league game with it being early. I can either call and see if I hit a 7, and fold if I don't hit a seven or I can fold preflop and the overwhelming majority of the time, I'll fold pre.

In league games I do not want to take a chance at getting an early exit. Getting a negative league point total is always something that I need to avoid and I will not be all-in unless I'm blinded in.. unless I'm absolutely sure I'm ahead, which I cannot say with 77.

League games are totally different animals from normal tourneys, so the steal numbers, etc.. are something that I shouldn't even be looking at.

Patience is the key in these tourneys, along with making solid value bets when I get a made hand that I know is ahead.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com