Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder

Old
Bankroll Builder - Mon Jun 17, 2013, 11:22 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
BronzeStar
I'm a beginner poker player, i really want to learn how to better in poker at here, because every time i play poker, i mostly lost all my money.

Old
Mon Jun 17, 2013, 11:39 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by linh123456 View Post
I'm a beginner poker player, i really want to learn how to better in poker at here, because every time i play poker, i mostly lost all my money.
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 17, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
how did he win it ? - Tue Jun 18, 2013, 02:31 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar

okay, i have pair of 7s and he has an Ace and three, after the turn, i have two pairs, and he does too, but how he won that hand ? i have those pairs too.

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 04:55 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2011
Quote:

okay, i have pair of 7s and he has an Ace and three, after the turn, i have two pairs, and he does too, but how he won that hand ? i have those pairs too.
Both of you have 2 pairs (Jacks and Tens), while he has Ace as kicker, and you have 7.

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 11:39 AM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi linh123456!

The first thing that I see here is that this is a 6-max table. This promotion is only for FULL RING tables. Playing any other type of table after receiving your first bonus in this promotion will make you INELIGIBLE for earning any future bonuses. Please only play FULL RING.

With 77 from the SB, I get a min-raise and a call in front of me. This is a great example of why when sitting at a cash table, I need to buy-in for an equal or larger amount compared to my opps if at all possible. I would like to call here and try to setmine, but my short stack here does not allow it. To setmine, I need to have 15X the bet amount in both my stack and the opp's stacks.. so that I get the correct odds to do so. Because I do not have this many chips, I only have 2 options here and those are to shove or fold preflop. With a marginal made hand (77), I will shove here preflop.

Another key here that I see is that post-flop bets need to be made based on the size of the pot, number of opps and the board texture. With 1 opp, I need to bet 1/2 the size of the pot. With 3 opps, I need to bet 3/4 pot. I do not want to bet less than this, as I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me... something that I absolutely need to avoid doing.

The hand here is lost because the best 5 cards from the opp are ahead. The opp has JJTTA while I have JJTT7.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 12:46 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
so u need a 9 people table ?

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 06:55 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
so u need a 9 people table ?
Yes please, for this promotion please play the 9-handed tables only

Also, let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic quiz and I'll get your first bonus to you

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 09:52 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar

here you go, (in a freeroll satelite tournament)
but i has been eliminated soon 139/9000 because too late

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 05:20 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Hey there,

It seems we have a little confusion. As you will see in the posts above the Bankroll Builder is a Cash Game promotion only, so tournament hands will not count for this promotion.

If you want any tournament hands analysed please post them into the Tournament Hand Analysis section.

Please let us know as soon as you have passed the Poker Basic quiz so I can get your 1st bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
I'm Done It - Fri Jun 21, 2013, 01:09 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
I'M DONE IT !!

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 05:01 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
confusing - Fri Jun 21, 2013, 05:35 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar

in this hand, i have very very nice card, but i dont know how to make them call, so i raise a lot, but they folded, so how can i bet to make them call all ?
and I won 0.72$ pretty small but i happy thank you

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 05:39 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 01:55 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi linh123456! I'll take a look at this cash game hand, which you played in a non-standard way. I'll give you some advice on how to improve your betting.

Pre-flop, you have KTs in late-middle position. This hand is just about good enough to play in this position, but it's not a hand I really want to play a big pot with unless I make a monster hand like a straight or flush, as just hitting the king might not be good, as your kicker isn't all that strong.
You decided to limp in (just call the big blind). This is a weak play. If a hand is good enough to play, it's good enough to raise, and you should open the pot with a raise to 3bb (6c). This will mean that you often win the blinds uncontested, but if you get called you can make a continuation bet on the flop, whether you hit it or not, and that will usually be enough to win the pot.
As played, you limp, and two other players also see the flop. The two-tone K64 is a great flop for you, because you have top pair and a flush draw. The big blind (who can have any two cards, because he checked his option and saw a free flop) checks to you, and for some reason you also checked. Apparently you decided to slowplay your hand. This is a mistake. Slowplaying is not recommended, because it misses a whole street of value and can lead to villains taking a free card that allows them to beat you. Don't let villains have free cards! Make a bet for value when you are likely to have the best hand. Even if someone has a better king (or two pairs or a set of trips) you still have the flush draw for 9 outs.
Everyone checks the flop, so you see the turn for free. Here you make a flush. Betting is correct, but you bet way too small, just minbetting 2c into 7c. On the flop and turn, you should always bet between half pot and full pot, to get value for your hand and to charge worse hands and draws. If a villain has the , he can call this minbet easily, because he has the right odds to do so. Both villains call, so you see the river, which is a total blank. You almost certainly have the best hand (only an ace-high flush beats you), so want to bet for value here, but your sizing makes no sense. The pot is 13c and you bet 68c. It is completely obvious that you have a big hand. Worse hands like one pair or two pairs won't call this overbet, because you've made it clear you have a flush.
You dragged the pot, but missed a lot of value in this hand. First of all, a pre-flop raise would build a pot that's worth winning. Secondly, you should bet the flop instead of slowplaying. Thirdly, you should bet close to pot when you make your flush on the turn. Finally, a bet on the river of about half pot will be more likely to be called than an overbet. By betting on the earlier streets, the pot would be much bigger and you wouldn't have to overbet.
In future, try and follow standard lines and don't do things like slowplaying or overbetting. Make normal bets of between half pot and full pot at each stage. If your bets are kept at standard sizes, your hand will be disguised (villains won't know if you have one pair, two pairs, a straight or flush) and you are more likely to get paid off.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 04:32 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

Please let me know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz and I'll get your next bonus to you

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 03:20 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Why I can't do cash game quiz ?

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 06:06 PM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Why I can't do cash game quiz ?
What does it say when you try to take the quiz?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 07:24 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
That quiz requires first to complete a prior course quiz first

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com