Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL $0.01/$0.02 Cash Game 6hAh

Old
2NL $0.01/$0.02 Cash Game 6hAh - Tue Jun 18, 2013, 06:32 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
Hi,
Could you please analyze the play here, if i played it right?
Actually, it's in my head that he's holding a K but my instinct said to call (Win/Loss). And the other thing, maybe he's just bluffing or made a flush with High Q..

Last edited by optimus8778; Tue Jun 18, 2013 at 06:39 AM..

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 12:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi opt,
I would rarely call preflop here, A-rag plays poorly out of position without initiative. No reads were given, but if the button steals frequently then reraising is good. If not then just fold.

Flop play is fine... V7's check indicates a hand of marginal value, or a big hand that is slowplaying (22,99,KK,K9). Betting the turn is ok but I think we need to make a bigger bet than the minimum, to put pressure on small pairs to fold.

On the river we bet way too big, the size of the pot. Either he's got a very strong hand (flop slow play that beats us now) and will raise or a marginal hand that can never call this big a bet. This is too much pressure on a hand like A9 to get called.
When he shoves all in, this is never a bluff over your big river bet sizing, he's got it. It's possible he makes a Q high flush, but there are very few combos of that he can have, maybe Qh9h or QhTh is about it, and many more combinations of full houses possible. We need to be right 34% of the time to make calling profitable, and I think the chances of that are slim, so this is a difficult but necessary fold.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 12:46 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi opt,
I would rarely call preflop here, A-rag plays poorly out of position without initiative. No reads were given, but if the button steals frequently then reraising is good. If not then just fold.

Flop play is fine... V7's check indicates a hand of marginal value, or a big hand that is slowplaying (22,99,KK,K9). Betting the turn is ok but I think we need to make a bigger bet than the minimum, to put pressure on small pairs to fold.

On the river we bet way too big, the size of the pot. Either he's got a very strong hand (flop slow play that beats us now) and will raise or a marginal hand that can never call this big a bet. This is too much pressure on a hand like A9 to get called.
When he shoves all in, this is never a bluff over your big river bet sizing, he's got it. It's possible he makes a Q high flush, but there are very few combos of that he can have, maybe Qh9h or QhTh is about it, and many more combinations of full houses possible. We need to be right 34% of the time to make calling profitable, and I think the chances of that are slim, so this is a difficult but necessary fold.
Well explained. Now i know what to do next time. Thank you.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com