Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder promotion for me too please

Old
Bankroll Builder promotion for me too please - Tue Jun 18, 2013, 04:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Looking forward to a great poker learning experience

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 04:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 18, 2013, 11:04 PM
(#3)
Hi mv2303,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
hand history - Fri Jun 21, 2013, 11:41 AM
(#4)
hi,
i played in the game as u suggested..and things were going pretty well...but obviously i got busted out.. please have a look and tell me what's wrong with my game...rather what's wrong with my thinking style, i mean i read that when you have good hand you should raise and bet never check, i just did that and got busted, please help

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 09:54 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 11:23 AM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi mv2303!

With 35o from the SB, I get three limps in front of me. While I do have 1 chip in the pot already, 35o is one of the absolute worst hands in NLHE. Due to this, I need to muck this hand preflop. The SB is the position at the table that has the largest positional disadvantage since I have to act first post-flop. Due to this, I only want to be playing premium hands (AK, AQ, large pairs) and need to muck everything else.

If I was in the hand, which I would not be, when I see that I flop two pair, I need to be aware that this board has both a flush draw, straight draws and even a possible made straight. Bets post-flop need to be based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 opps, I need to make a pot-sized value bet of 11 chips. I also keep all of my bets standard, as that helps to keep the opps guessing as to the cards that I'm playing. Players that vary their bets based on the strength of their hand are basically turning their cards face-up to their opps.

The turn is another problem as it brings a second flush draw and now there are more made straights, as an opp with 4x now has me crushed. With 2 opps, I will make my standard value bet for this situation of 2/3 pot (27 chips). When I get raised and the other opp calls the raise, I need to muck two pair here, as one of them most likely has a straight. I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm likely behind.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 02:12 PM
(#7)
Hi,
now that i read what you said and re watch the video i realize that it was just a blunder move i made, actually a series of blunder. i also realize that it happened because of my ignorance about which hands to play at which position and how much to bet. so if you could help mw out with these two issues i would really appreciate

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 02:20 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Here is a link to a blog that I did for post-flop betting.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 06:11 PM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic quiz and we'll get your first bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 08:22 AM
(#10)
Hi,
i just passed my Poker Basic Quiz, with a score of 81%, that's 12 out of 15! So what next?

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 07:01 PM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2303 View Post
Hi,
i just passed my Poker Basic Quiz, with a score of 81%, that's 12 out of 15! So what next?
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#12)
Hi,
would please analyze the following and tell me if what i did was a smart move, even though i won i think it was not something i should have done. please let me know how you would have played this hand

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 04:42 PM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#14)
Hi,
Please analyze this and tell me if i should have bet less so as to encourage my opponent to add more money to the pot!

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 04:54 PM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
That's brilliant,

Don't post any more for now until we analyse these two for you

Then we'll advise on the next step.

Cheers,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 05:34 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi mv2303! I'll analyse the hands in posts #12 and #14.

1. I'm afraid to say you made the wrong decision at every point in this hand, so you were very lucky to get a good result. I'll take you through it step by step. With A4o in early position, I'm folding 100% of the time. This hand is trash and is barely profitable even when you are trying to steal the blinds when you have the button. In EP, it's complete junk. With any hand I play this early, I'd open for a standard 3bb. The 4c minraise isn't enough to dissuade multiple callers. Here you don't get called - there's a re-raise. This 3-bet represents a strong hand. At 2NL, villains are mostly 3-betting with QQ+ and AK. A4 is in bad shape against that range, so folding is the right play. There's a lot of advice on how to choose which hands to open with in each position, and also how to react to re-raises on my blog.
As played, you call the raise, so now you're playing a bloated pot, out of position, and without the betting lead. This is not a +EV situation. The flop comes K43, and here it is standard to check to the pre-flop aggressor. Leading out with a donkbet doesn't make much sense. I'd simply check and fold to a bet, because your pair of 4s is unlikely to be good. Villain makes a big raise, and you should snap-fold now. Villain is repping AK, KK or AA. You call the raise, and a queen hits the turn. Even if villain was bluffing on the flop with QQ, he just got there. Your pair of 4s is only beating bluffs like JJ and TT. Villain shoves all in and you should fold. You actually call, but you're usually drawing almost dead here. You river an ace to make two pairs, and somehow drag the pot. Villain's hand isn't shown, but I guess he was just going crazy with JJ or TT. Even if he had those hands, you were a big underdog to draw out. Villain's aren't bluffing all that often in 2NL full ring games. The typical 3-bet range of AK/QQ+ smashes this board, leaving A4 well behind. Avoid playing trouble hands like ragged aces, so you don't get into trouble spots like this.

2. You have 77 in the big blind, facing 2 limps. You can either raise here to to seize the initiative (and sometimes win the pot immediately) or you can check and see if you can flop a set for free. If you raise, the standard size is 3bb + 1bb per limper, so 8c or 10c would be more appropriate. Minraising to 4c doesn't get much value if you have the best hand, and also has no "fold equity". The limpers are always calling the minraise, because the pot odds are so good. You see a flop of K75, which is great for you. You flopped a set of trips, and if the villains have a king, a flush draw or a hand like 86 that has an open-ended straight draw, you can get a lot of value. I would bet more than half pot here. Somethng like 10c into 12c would be better. If villains missed the flop, then they aren't calling, but if they connected with it, you want to bet the most that they will call. The K on the turn is good for you, because you made a boat. If either of these villains have trips, they will call a large bet. Potting it is good, but I'd sometimes bet a little smaller, like 80% of pot, in the hope that flush draws (which are drawing dead) will stay in the pot. Potting it isn't a big mistake though. In the long run, you'll maximise your value by making bets of this size with your super-strong hands. Well played!

To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 05:10 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

Let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game quiz and I'll get your next bonus to you

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:47 AM
(#18)
Answers to the question following the video on bet sizing :
Ans. 1.To put pressure on opponents
2.To bluff people off decent hands
3.To protect against strong draws
4.To gain value from very strong hands

Old
Thu Jun 27, 2013, 07:49 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
That's brilliant!

All you need to do now to unlock your next bonus is to pass the Cash Game Quiz.

Let us know as soon as you pass it

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 28, 2013, 04:27 AM
(#20)
HI,
i have passed Cash Game Quiz too ! Waiting for my next bonus !
Cheerio !

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com