Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Interesting hand on 5NL zoom

Old
Interesting hand on 5NL zoom - Wed Jun 19, 2013, 11:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
This is a hand, I played a little bit risky and I really dont know if it was necessary.

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 10:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi bigg,

It's kind of opponent specific whether or not this line is good or bad, so with no reads given it's kind of meh... it's fine. Bad line against a loose-passive station because it loses value from worse hands. Good line vs. an aggro floater to get value from their floats.

Having the Ad helps in that we at least have equity if behind. I think the biggest question to ask is when we check-raise the turn can we get called by worse hands and are we willing to stack off? If yes, then it's a nice line, if no then it's not the best route. Again, very opponent specific questions there.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 10:54 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
IF Villain is normal regular – would C/B be better or B/B?

Last edited by braveslice; Thu Jun 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 04:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
thx

I only had 9 hands from the Villain (VPIP 75 PF 50). It's probably a indicator of either a loose passive player or an agressive player. But the stample size is to small to make conclusions of these stats.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com