Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll builder promotion

Old
Bankroll builder promotion - Wed Jun 19, 2013, 01:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
BronzeStar
I would like to take part in the Bankroll builder promotion

Old
Wed Jun 19, 2013, 01:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog3500 View Post
I would like to take part in the Bankroll builder promotion
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 09:06 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Hello blackdog3500,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
Bankroll builder feed back - Wed Jun 26, 2013, 01:38 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar

Hi Is it worth going for the flush with this hand.

I have passed the basic course.

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 05:28 PM
(#5)
Hi blackdog3500,

Thanks for posting the hand, we'll have the hand analysis done shortly. Then I'll give you your first bonus followed by your next steps

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 05:45 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi blackdog3500!

With 9Ts from the button, I get 2 limps in front of me. I'm just going to check behind here and hope to see a cheap flop, in position. If I did raise, I would need to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper or 250 and my hand here is not strong enough to do so.

I flop a flush and gutshot straight draw and see the first 2 opps check and the third bet 50. I'm more than happy to call and see the turn here to hopefully hit my hand. I do NOT want to raise here, as I do not have a made hand and also..... by raising, I'd be giving myself the WRONG odds to try to draw. The opp has already given me a positive play to call here, so I do not want to make a negative play by raising.

The turn is a blank and now I need to see if it's worth calling. I need to call 500 into a pot that will be 3550 (14.1%). I have 9 outs to my flush and 3 more to the straight for 12 outs. From the rule of 4 and 2, each out is worth 2%, so my hand is worth 24%. Since my hand is worth more than my pot equity, I will call the 500 and call here.

The river is another blank and when the opp shoves, it's an easy muck, as I have nothing.

The keys in this hand are to call preflop and call on the flop to make sure that I am getting the correct odds to try to draw... just like I did have the correct odds on the turn.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jun 26, 2013, 07:04 PM
(#7)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

flophitter

Old
New Hand - Tue Jul 09, 2013, 02:33 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar

When should i have folded this hand
Big bets can be made to
Put alot of pressure on opponents
Gain value from very strong hands
To protect against strong draws

I have passed the cash game quiz.

Regards blackdog3500

Old
Tue Jul 09, 2013, 06:37 PM
(#9)
Great thanks for posting the cash game hand blackdog3500, we'll provide the analysis here soon. Then I'll give you your 2nd bonus and take you to the next step

Old
Wed Jul 10, 2013, 07:16 AM
(#10)
Since: Oct 2011
Hi blackdog3500! I'll take a look at the hand in post #8.

You raise QQ UTG and this is standard. The action folds to the BB, who makes a very small raise to 12c. Gnerally speaking, this re-raise (3-bet) is with a hand in the range QQ+/AK. The only hand in that range that you're beating is AK, but you can call the small raise to see if you get a good flop, as occasionally you'll flop a set of trips. If you were out of position, then I would recommend 4-betting or folding, because playing bloated pots out of position without the initiative is a big leak. (My fold or 3-bet decision would depend on the type of villain. I'd re-raise vs loose aggressives, fold to tight passives).
You call in position and the flop comes A33. This is a very dry flop, and it's pretty bad for you, because villain's range hits it hard, either making TPTK with AK or flopping a boat with AA. KK misses, but that hand is beating you anyway. Villain makes a really small bet of 8c into 25c. This is either a "scared bet" by KK, or it's a "sucker bet" with AA/AK that wants you to call. I would generally call here to see what villain does on the turn. You call and the turn is a blank 5. Here, villain makes a tiny bet of 6c into 41c. At this point, I'm fairly sure villain has kings, because he should be betting bigger with AK/AA now that you've called on the flop. Since villain looks so weak/scared, I think he may be bluffable. QQ is not going to be strong enough to win at showdown, so I would take the opportunity to raise to about 20c. Essentially, I would be turning my hand into a bluff; repping the ace, in order to get villain to fold KK. The only other option is to fold. Just calling down won't be all that expensive, but you're not going to have the best hand on this board and with this action. Save your money for when you're sure you have the best hand. Also, take a note that this villain bets small when he has a relatively weak hand, as it will mean you can try a bluff when you have something even weaker. When villain makes another 6c bet when the pot is bigger on the river, his hand is face up. He has KK every time nd he wants to get to showdown cheaply. I would raise here as a bluff to get him off the best hand.

Hope this helps!
To get more tuition on cash game basics, I recommend going to live training sessions for the Wednesday and Saturday Games if you can. You'll even be able to play alongside other PSO members in the Homegame club and get instant feedback on the way you play your hands. Good luck!

Cheers,
Arty

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by ArtySmokesPS; Wed Jul 10, 2013 at 07:18 AM..

Old
Wed Jul 10, 2013, 05:42 PM
(#11)
Hello blackdog3500,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

flophitter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com