Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL ZOOM, 4B pot, dry flop K-high, Should I call turn?

Old
2NL ZOOM, 4B pot, dry flop K-high, Should I call turn? - Thu Jun 20, 2013, 10:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013

1. My pre-flop play was bad?
2. Call one more on flop?

Villain only 2 hands, VPIP=50, PRF=50. He might be a agro, but only two hands so no way to know. His all raises were fast.

Preflop: I should have folded to 4B I think or have I trusted my gut feeling that he was an agro, then to go AI. Another choice would have been to just call his 3B. <- These all would have been better than just calling?

Flop: I was facing a bluf, AA, AK, KQ or KKK. So I don’t have choice but fold? I could have raised him though

Last edited by braveslice; Thu Jun 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM..

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 12:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi brave,

I think folding or 5-betting all in preflop are the best choices here, calling his 4-bet leaves us out of position in a bloated pot and it's easy to get lost on how to proceed. Note you can't call a 3b because the villain did not 3b... he raised, you 3b, he 4b, and you called that.

As played flop is an easy fold imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 02:48 PM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Note you can't call a 3b because the villain did not 3b... he raised, you 3b, he 4b, and you called that.
Hi Dave,

That is so illogical I read about it and the blind is called the first bet. I 2-bet (raise) then he 3B (re-raise). But this can not be, so blind is not counted? So, I bet, he raise, I re-raise (3b).

After flop this same would go 1. bet 2. raise (2-bet) 3. re-raise (3-bet).

Great to hear I did the right choice finally, even though I felt totally owned there.

Last edited by braveslice; Fri Jun 21, 2013 at 03:14 AM..

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 02:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2013
If he limped, than you're correct, but he raised. He was the 1st to raise (2bet), you 3bet him, and he 4bets.

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 06:48 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Right... BB is the first bet, V5 raised (2nd bet), you reraised (3b).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 27, 2013, 08:02 PM
(#6)
Ty for making it clear Predanni and Dave

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com