Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6-max Zoom AQo

Old
5NL 6-max Zoom AQo - Thu Jun 20, 2013, 01:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, the vilain is unkown.
This is the same of the other hand I posted with AKo. Where I 3B OOP and c-bet the flop. What do I do on the turn ?

Thanks

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 02:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Just to say I'm not a Zoom player, aren't they all just waiting for AA,KK,QQ,JJ ?

BUT

I Like the re-raise Pre Flop to take the hand down there but we get called.

Flop I would bet 3Qtr of pot to stop AK, AQ, AJ, calling and I would be ready to fire again on the River. If your firing a Bullet on the Flop you got to be ready to Fire again on the Turn as most players will peel to see the Turn. (I will)
He calls your bet so what is calling us ? Rule out AA,KK,QQ, AK . as Likely re-raise the Flop bet.
Likely JJ,10,99 Calling us Down

Checking the Turn lets him see free cards and checking the River gives Green light that he can put you on AK or AQ So if he is holding JJ or 10 then he has Two Pair now for showdown Or he just out played you with your own hand AQ. AK would of pushed Pre Flop

At least with getting the money in on the Flop & Turn with 3Qtr bets gets value if we hit our Q
Aggression Pays, if we get called Flop, Turn and miss the River well thats poker move on to the next hand

Old
Thu Jun 20, 2013, 05:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
3-betting pre is fine. Villain's range for calling is usually most pairs 66+ and some decent suited cards like KQs, as stacks are quite deep and he has position.
C-betting the flop is standard (I think most regs will c-bet close to 100% of the time in heads up 3-bet pots). The c-bet size is fine. In 3-bet pots, 50-55% of pot is OK whether you have a hand or not, as you'll still be able to get stacks in with TP/overpair.
Villain is unlikely to peel one off with 2 random overs unless he's a loose passive station. His most likely hand for calling the flop is a medium pair. Since the turn is not a scary card to anything that called on the flop (and may have even improved villain to a set or OESD), my plan is to just give up. At 5NL, it's spewy to keep repping QQ+ on a board like this, because villain won't be good enough to fold TT. Just check, and fold to any bet if you don't spike a pair.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 03:11 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
I'd be triple barreling low boards like this, but when the board pairs on the river it's hard to get medium pps to fold.

So i'd probably double barrel and give up river. We actually have a little showdown value if he has missed draws, so we could win that way too.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com