Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl turned oesd + fd vs pre 3b

Old
10nl turned oesd + fd vs pre 3b - Fri Jun 21, 2013, 10:52 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
Ok so villian is 18/14 with a 3b% of 7 all of which have been in the blinds. Over approx 200 hands. He cbets 100% (5/5) WTSD 20% and AF 1.5

I realise with the stack sizes a call probably isn't great. Is this just a case of fold pre?

Also by the turn the bet sizes make it seem like he has an overpair (most likely) or better. We now have a lot of equity though that we would like to realise. If we assume he probably isn't going to fold for the rest of his stack what do we like best fold, call or raise all in (hoping we have a bit of FE and this will make it a profitable play)?

Any opinions appreciated!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 01:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Pedro,

I'd fold pre, given the effective stacks of only 100bb you probably won't be making money in this spot longterm unless villain is prone to making lots of postflop mistakes. He seems to be fairly tight and reasonable and you don't have any specific postflop reads that would allow you to know when to launch a play at him postflop, so I'd rather dump the hand.

As played you can profitably shove or call the turn, I think calling might actually have a slightly higher EV as villain doesnt seem to be folding anytime OTT and has already committed so much to the pot that he will probably even call/jam any river, even if you hit the obvious outs.

Live Trainer

Old
Sat Jun 22, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
cheers flix as soon as I had posted it and walked away I started to think along similar lines re calling than shoving. Your preflop advice also rings true, good man thanks again.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com