Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[JK] Bankroll Builder

Old
[JK] Bankroll Builder - Fri Jun 21, 2013, 11:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey, I am interested in the bankroll builder promotion>

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 11:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 04:47 PM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello sha2nk,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 05:53 AM
(#4)
Hey, I am sorry for replying so late but I got busy with my work and had to give up my poker ambitions. I want to start out again. Here's a hand for play money and also I have passed the poker basic quiz.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 12:29 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi sha2nk!

Not a problem and take whatever time you need. All of us take breaks due to the other things in our lives.... we've all been there.

The first thing that I see here is even before the hand starts. When playing a ring table, I always wait for the BB to start playing. Paying extra blinds over and over is a huge drain to a player's bankroll.

With K6s from UTG, I'd like to immediately muck this as it's nowhere near strong enough to be playing from this position. The only hands with a king that I should be playing are AK and KK and I would want to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper with both of these hands. All of the others are too weak and need to be mucked.
When any of the opps raises, I need to muck my weak hand preflop.

If I saw the flop (which I would not), when it checks to me with top pair, here is why I don't want to play a hand like this.
If I'm ahead, then I want to make a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 or more opps, the standard bet is a pot-sized bet.
If I'm behind (I'm very easily outkicked here due to the 6), then I want to check and hope to see a free turn card that can help my hand.
Since I'm most likely outkicked, I will check.

If I bet and anyone calls, then I need to check/fold the turn and river because the opp is most likely ahead. I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead, not when I'm most likely behind.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 12:32 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 11:47 PM
(#7)
Here's a hand I would like to be analysed. I had seen this guy bluffing on last two hands. And I was pretty sure he was doing same here.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 11:59 PM
(#8)
3 reasons for betting big are:
- to bluff people off decent hands
- to gain value from very strong hands
- to protect against strong draws
Also I have passed the cash game quiz.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 03:48 AM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on such a deep stack depth I'd fold facing an early position raise and a call from late postition, there are just o many combos of Qx that have us outkicked AQ KQ QJ QT and let's factor in pocket pairs AA KK QQ JJ TT. Post flop when you check raise the villain what range of hands are you trying to get value from? Generally early position raises are weighted towards strong starting hands as they have many players left to act behind them..I would have folded to the villains re-raise especially without any reads..we can sit back and wait for a better spot to play for stacks.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 11:05 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hello sha2nk,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com