Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Bankroll Builder - ilovenuts

Old
Bankroll Builder - ilovenuts - Fri Jun 21, 2013, 02:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hello

I want to build a br!

Br,
Ilove27s

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 04:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove27s View Post
Hello
I want to build a br!
Br,
Ilove27s
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 04:30 PM
(#3)
Done, what should I do next?

Old
Fri Jun 21, 2013, 04:33 PM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thanks,

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 09:49 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Done, what should I do next?
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#6)
1) done
2) done*
3) done

Here are several questions:
1) Should I enter preflop, considering my Axs hand
2) Should I go all-in in this multi-pot with nuts fd?

Old
Sun Jun 23, 2013, 06:14 PM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 03:00 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
1) done
2) done*
3) done

Here are several questions:
1) Should I enter preflop, considering my Axs hand
2) Should I go all-in in this multi-pot with nuts fd?
Hi ilove27s

With we normally want to be very careful about entering a raised pot preflop. We should ask ourselves "what am I hoping to flop?" If you flop an A, it is very easy to lose a big pot to a villain with an A and a better kicker. If you flop a 6, you will rarely have top pair. A6 can't make a straight either. That leaves you with a flush draw being your only good flop (aside from a lucky two pair or something). In other words, this hand is tough to play postflop all the times we don't flop a flush draw.

Personally I try to fold A6, A7, A8 and A9 because they are in no man's land, whereas I will play A10+ as well as A5s, A4s, A3s and A2s because they offer both flush and straight potential.

A second element we need to consider are the stack sizes. It is easier to play speculative hands when you have a deep stack. More importantly, your implied odds increase when stack sizes are larger because you have the potential of winning more. You only have 91 bb. If this were a real money game, I would recommmend folding here.

With this being a play money game, the chances of us winning 91bb from multiple opponents if we make a flush is quite high. We have good implied odds. So, calling can be ok.

You get a great flop with two spades and no paired cards. Now it becomes a pot odds question. You have 9 spade outs for the nut flush. Thus we can use the rule of 2 and 4 to say you have about a 9 x 4 = 36% chance to make a flush by the river. You are getting good odds, and even better implied odds with so many opponents in the hand that calling is good. You played the hand nicely postflop

Just remember, we need to be very careful about calling with a hand like this preflop.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 03:59 AM
(#9)
Hi, Roland!

Thank you for the valuable comments!

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 07:38 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 08:14 AM
(#11)
1) done*
2) done
a) a lot of pressure to opponents
b) to bluff off players from the pot
c) to protect against strong draws
3) done

I thought he has a flush draw on the flop... So wanted to get some money from him. And river check to give him the opportunity to bluff.
It it +EV line of playing this hand, or I did I just get lucky?

was it my mistake to call this 4bet?

should I fold pf here?

here my first part of the bonus is lost, just being unlucky, right?

Last edited by ilove27s; Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 08:28 AM..

Old
Mon Jun 24, 2013, 07:05 PM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Hey there,

Please just post one hand at a time

Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 03:24 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi iLove27s

First hand The villain has paid the bb out of turn. This is a good sign that he is a weak player. It also means it is his first hand at the table so no reads. You hand is decent and worth raising preflop againt the villain's random hand.

You get a good flop and are most likely ahead. Nice bet size It is unlikly the villain has AA, KK or AK (he probably would have raised pf), but Ax, Kx and even are possible as well as plenty of other hands flush draws, straight draws etc.

The K on the turn is not a great card for you since any Kx hand just improved to trips, but I would bet as you did. Again, nice sizing.

The 2 on the river is horrible. Just as with the K on the turn, any hand just made trips. The only hands you are beating now are random bluffs, pocket pairs and most Ax hands. This board is polarized, either you are way ahead or way behind. Checking the river to induce a weaker hand to bet is a good line since many of these hands would fold if you bet. Normally I like to have a read on the villain before making a big call like you did here and would often check-fold the river. You want to be careful about overplaying single pair hands in the future.

Nice pot! I hope you noted the villain. He spewed his whole stack his first hand at the table overplaying a weak ace. You want to play against this person in the future. And, don't make the same mistake yourself

Second hand This is a good starting hand, but knowing how best to play it is very read dependant. Against an unknown raising from ep, we need to assume he has a top of his range starting hand. 3-betting is fine you will have position on the villain. However, I would suggest sticking to standard bet sizes. A normal 3-bet would be 3x the original raise, or 18c in this case. Betting less allows small pocket pairs etc to stay in the hand too cheaply. When you get 4-bet all in we need to reevaluate. Presumably the villain has a pocket pair or AK. All of these hands are ahead of us. The smaller pairs we are close to a coinflip, but still behind. Folding is the best option now. Wait for a better spot. You only want to call all in raises preflop when you are holding AA or KK.

Third hand You have a decent pocket pair and position. Calling the original raise is fine. However, we want to fold to the 3-bet for two reasons. Firstly, the original raise may 4-bet forcing us to fold. Secondly, we are no longer getting the proper implied odds to play the hand. You won't flop a set often enough, or win enough money when you do to make calling the 3-bet profitable. Calling 3-bets too often, especially oop, is a common leak. Try not to do it

Fourth hand As I stated earlier, your 3-bets should be 3x the original raise, or 24c in this spot. Also, when facing an all in, especially a 4-bet, we need to fold AK. Only KK and AA are profitable to call with.

Also, note that you are a bit short stacked preflop with 82c. 3-betting 20c or 24c, then having to fold is not a good option when you are so short. Normally I would 3-bet as you did with AK, but due to your stack size, I would rather just call in this spot. Then if you get top pair on the flop we can confidently play for our stack. If we miss the flop we can fold and still have enough to comfortably play at the table. With this flop all the chips we going in the middle either way.

I hope this helps

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 05:21 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 10:58 AM
(#15)
I deposited, so, i am ligable for another $4 ?

Old
Tue Jun 25, 2013, 11:09 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
I deposited, so, i am ligable for another $4 ?
That's right, you should get your final bonuses within 24 hours

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jun 27, 2013, 09:10 PM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Congratulations!

As you've deposited we have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion, good job!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com